My cure for discouragement: Physicsdiet.com

Options
I've been losing weight in fits and starts and really slowly overall for the last five years, and using this site most of that time. I'm wondering if anyone else does. Here's my profile:

http://physicsdiet.com/Public.aspx?u=tisane

It's really simple, but here's why I like it. It calculates your average weight over time, so even if I'm up or down a pound or two or even more from one day or week to another, as long as the overall trend is downward, it lets me know that I'm on the right track.

Combined with MFP, it also helps me "check my work," so to speak. I don't log faithfully every day. Like, my friend had a BBQ buffet at her wedding...I didn't even try logging that day. :laugh:

But if you look at my profile, according to my weight loss I've been running a deficit of 247 calories a day for the last month. That's actually pretty close: I'm supposed to be at a 500 calorie deficit, but I do run over sometimes, and not log when I overeat on weekends. I have hypothyroidism so my metabolism is slower than most people's, so that might be part of it too.

I don't own the site or get referral credits or even know the person who runs it, I've just been using it for a long time and I thought it might be helpful to people here who get discouraged watching the scale go up and down. The best-fit line on this site has really helped me, even when I haven't been actively trying to lose any weight.