Heart palpitations whilst exercising?

Options
13»

Replies

• makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm back from the doctors! She said it's not anything serious from what she can tell and said it's likely down to a few things: I have very low blood pressure, and apparently other 'lifestyle triggers' as she called it can be affecting it (I have pretty bad anxiety and panic attacks, something that sounds so silly if it doesn't affect you haha so I won't go into it, but apparently this can affect it?), smoking and drinking coffee daily. So she told me to cut out coffee completely for at least the next week (sad times right now haha), stop smoking (which i'm already trying to do), and keeping stress levels to a minimum (pretty hard to do since I start my second year of uni next week) but still continue doing the things I normally do and go back in a week to see if anything's improved/if they've stopped or aren't as frequent, and if not we'll take it from there.

Thank you all for the advice and stories! I really appreciate it (:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a great relief.

What are you studying?
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That's god news! If you are still worried ask for an ECG or a 48 hour heart monitor, that's what I had then was sent for an ultrasound which picked up my little murmur.
    Big hugs or being so brave and seeing the doc!
    x
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Well, that's a great relief.

What are you studying?

I'm doing a law degree, i'm loving it so far and hoping to do the post-grad BPTC to become a barrister afterwards, but we'll see how it goes (:
    That's god news! If you are still worried ask for an ECG or a 48 hour heart monitor, that's what I had then was sent for an ultrasound which picked up my little murmur.
    Big hugs or being so brave and seeing the doc!

Thank you! I'm such a wimp with doctors normally, I hate going >.< I'll see how this week goes and if nothing changes then she said we'll go to the next stage of finding out what it could be.
    x
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If you still have to do a post-grad Law College year and come to Guildford College of Law, please let me know.

I hate going to the doctor too - I always feel I'll get my script wrong and fail the 'viva'
  • kakklespakkle
    kakklespakkle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted the outcome, and that it's not serious :)
    Always better to check!

Good luck with uni xxx