Running plan

Options
Hey Ya'll - I just recovered from my third stress fracture in the same leg...so I am starting my running routine again. I was a pretty solid runner before my last injury...but now its been about 6 or 7 weeks since I've had a substantially long run. I am just about 100% recovered and of course the new year is starting so I figure now is a perfect time to start up a new running regimen.

I heard some good things about the runnersworld.com running plans. They cost around 20 bucks but I was just wondering if anyone has tried them before... I love the magazine and the Web site (for its great advice and informative articles)...but I was hesitant to spend money if the plans don't work.

I need some sort of structure or I won't stick to the plan. That's why I love the calorie counter on here. And I need to dive into a stronger cardio program... Anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has an alternate plan or another suggestion I'm open to whateva! Thanks!

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    I think they have plans on there based on the distance you want to run for weeks at a time that are free.
  • xcgoat
    xcgoat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    halhigdon.com has a lot of training plans that are free from 5ks all the way up to ultras and he has different plans for novice, intermediate, and advanced runners. i've completed 18 marathons using these plans including qualifying for boston so i think they work pretty well :happy: lots of luck in your 2010 running!