Care to share your low fat chicken && pork recipes with me p

DestinyMarrie
DestinyMarrie Posts: 11
edited September 20 in Recipes
Care to share your low fat chicken && pork recipes with me please???

Replies

• CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    This is DH's favorite!!! The recipe & the nutritional info don't include peppers or onions like usual sweet & sour chicken because he doesn't like them. Just throw them in with the chicken while it's cooking. The sauce is not supposed to be bright red like the stuff you see in the restaurants, so don't expect it to be. We have this with rice. Yummy!!

Ingredients
    1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 in cubes
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    1 can (16 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks (with juice)
    2 tbsp brown sugar

Directions
    In a gallon baggie, combine apple juice concentrate and chicken. Marinate for 30 min, stirring frequently.

Coat a 10" skillet with no-stick spray and place over a medium-high heat until hot. Cook the chicken and the marinade for 5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.

Place the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add the soy sauce and the vinegar. Stir until smooth. Stir in the pineapple (with juice) and brown sugar. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 min, or until the sauce thickens.

Nutrition Facts
    4 Servings

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 156.7
    Total Fat 0.2 g
    Saturated Fat 0.1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
    Cholesterol 10.3 mg
    Sodium 599.4 mg
    Potassium 235.9 mg
    Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
    Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
    Sugars 26.3 g
    Protein 5.4 g
    Vitamin A 0.1 %
    Vitamin C 55.4 %
    Calcium 0.2 %
    Iron 2.8 %
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    I had a bunch of random ingredients left in my fridge last night and made killer stuffed pork chops!

Get a lil chop...trim the fat...

I mixed two Laughing Cow garlic cheese wedges (35 cals each) with some pine nuts and fresh spinach. Sliced a little cut in the pork chop...added salt and pepper to the meat and stuffed in the cheese/spinach/nuts mixture. Wrapped it in foil and baked it at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes. You don't need a ton of salt or spices because the cheese as a nice flavor.

The next time I try it I will use toothpicks to keep it all together...but it was a nice low fat garlic-y meal. : ) The pine nuts gave it a nice crunch and the handful of spinach gives it veggie points... : )

Good Luck!
  • WOW! Those sound YUMMY!!! LOVE the idea with the chops.. VERY creative :)

Also,
    I just found these videos and recipies I might try.. these sound DELCIOUS to and my baby boy will LOVE these :)

The links are:

http://video.about.com/lowfatcooking/Chicken-Nuggets.htm

and

http://video.about.com/lowfatcooking/Sweet-Potato-Fries.--6F.htm
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Pork chops with sweet potato and asparagus

Marinate pork chop in Dale's or Moore's Marinade (there is a low sodium version) grill or bake in oven @ 350
    Boil one large sweet potato (or bake). When soft mash and whip. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar if desired
    Steam asparagus for 3 minutes.

Plate 1 Pork Chop 1/4 cup of sweet potato and 4-5 large (or 8-10 small) asparagus spears

That's dinner
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Why thank you dear - since you are starting your weight loss journey you should get some of those Laughing Cow cheese wedges. They are SO yummy, have very little calories and are portion controlled. I spread them on my sandwiches now instead of fatty mayo and use it in A LOT of my cooking (I'm not a very good cook and these things add a lot of favor).

Another way I love to use them: Ground turkey meat is ALWAYS on my grocery list. I make little turkey burgers and stuff them with it. So they have a warm cheesy middle...and they're low in fat!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    This is quite yummy if you are a balsamic fan (i love the smell and taste).

Balsamic Pork Tenderloin-

1 lb. pork tenderloin (i have done it with a very lean small 2-3 lb roast)
    1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
    2 T. olive oil
    1 T. fresh rosemary (or 1/2 t. dried rosemary)
    2 cloves garlic
    3/4 t. black pepper
    1/8 t. salt
    (and balsamic glaze- 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar)

Put tenderloin in gallon ziplock. Mix all but the glaze and add to the bag. Marinate for an hour turn the bag a few times.

Discard marinade. Grill pork with cover on (about 30 to 35 minutes)
    Brush pork on all sides with balsamic glaze. grill for one more minute. Remove from grill cover tightly with foil and let stand 15 more minutes before slicing. (meat temp. about 160)

balsamic glaze- in small saucepan bring 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar to boil. Boil gently for 5 minutes, will reduce to about 1/4 cup.

Makes 4 servings. 189 calories, total fat 7g, sat. fat 2g, cholesterol 73mg, protein 24g, carbs 5g, fiber 0g, sodium 81mg

I served it on a bed of cooked spinach. thanks for asking I enjoy seeing all the submissions (i may even pull out another one to enter later.) -katie
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    I have a jar of Jamaican Jerk sauce that I brought back with me from Belize, but I have also seen a similar thing in the supermarket. According to the label on the jar it doesn't have any calories for 1 Tbs of seasoning, which I rub on boneless pork tenderloin, marinade for a few hours and then grill. Delicious, and very low in calories overall!
This discussion has been closed.