Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
Has anyone done this? I just got the DVD. I plan on starting it today. I was just curious if anyone else has done or is using this workout and what kind of results have you had?

Replies

• oohhbehave
    Options
    I've tried it with my girlfriend. It's very tough initially, but you absolutely need to stick with it. It'll get easier after day 5.
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    Yes, I have done this program in it's entirety and am very pleased with the visual results I achieved in muscle definition. When I first started back to exercising regularly, I was losing from my waist and belly rather quickly, but nothing was happening with my hips and thighs! (My major trouble zones) I have heard so many great things about JM, so decided to give this one a try. I did lose 2 inches off my hips and 1.25 inch from each thigh. My core, arms and shoulders are much tighter and defined. Really surprised how strong I felt by the time I got to level 3.

There are modified moves for just about all the exercises which is explained in the DVD if you find a certain move difficult to do at first. Example, pushups can be done on the knees instead of regular. This DVD utilizes hand weights so you can make it more difficult with heavier weight if you find it becoming to easy.

I did each level for two weeks; 5 days per week. I did couple this with 30 minute cardio sessions on most days such as treadmill, jog or bike ride and of course watched my diet.... (not a perfect angel in the department..... but stayed on track most days!) Suggest that you view each level before actually attempting because it moves very fast. I learned that the hard way.

Give it try! Would love to hear you like it. It is a little hard to not become bored of doing the same DVD for days, but it's worth it and so little time needed to get it done! Now that I have finished, I am not letting it collect dust either.... still like to throw it in for a change up to my current routine. It's a great burn for 25 minutes.
  • Tjbird85
    Tjbird85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did my first session yesterday after work, level 1. I think watching it before trying to attemp it would of been a good idea. I will do that with the next levels. It does moves fast, which it is suppose too. It kicked my *kitten*!! I'm a little sore and tight today, but I can't wait to get home from work so I can do it again. I felt good and energetic yesterday, after my jelly legs recovered. lol Thank you both for your feed back. I think 2 weeks on each is probably what it is going to take for me to master each level and I plan on doing it 5 days a week as well. I will stay posted on my progress.
  • Annie_Fannie
    Options
    Cool!! I recall that same jelly feeling.... oh my I could barely walk up and down steps! Glad you are going for it! Stick with it and give it 100%! Thinking you will be happy with the results!