Renewed Commitment!

DiDislosingit
DiDislosingit Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I'm new to MFP, just joined today and I'm excited about meeting new members who will help me along my weight loss journey. I seriously restarted my diet in October. It's been hard during the two biggest eating seasons of the year, Thanksgiving & Christmas. I actually gained back 5 lbs during the week of Christmas. Too many sweets and other "comfort food" coupled with too many days off from work. I started eating and couldn't stop. All my hard work is slowly dwindling away. Tomorrow is a new year and I have a renewed commitment to losing this weight. I'm starting at 198 lbs and setting 5 lb mini goals for myself. I still have alot of reading to do but it looks like there are some good recipes and other tips that will be of great benefit to me. Wish me luck as I start with a renewed commitment!

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Good luck in 2010!!:flowerforyou:

BTW, your avatar photo is hilarious. Anyone reading this should click on the posters name so that they can see the full size photo on the profile page, it is a hoot!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Welcome! May 2010 bring all the best! Mini-goals are the best way to go! Then you get to reward yourself faster (massage, mani/pedi, etc.)

Edited for: Don't know if you are a guy or a gal, but some dudes look good with nice nails!

I haven't seen my fiancee without truck grease under his nails in 3 years!!!
  • Thanks for the welcome FireRox & weaklink. Weighing yourself this way really works!!!:laugh:

FireRox - I plan to incorporate all the little niceties that keep us females motivated. Manis, pedis, massages, clothes, shoes, jewelry, everything except food :laugh: .

Congratulations on your losses!!! I love the motivation I receive from this site.

Hope you're having a very happy new year. Keep up your great work..
This discussion has been closed.