For the runners: How much do you run a week?

Options
I have recently started trying to be more fit. Running/Walking/Jogging seem to be the only exercises that I can really do on my own without becoming too self-conscious or nervous.

I am trying to set benchmarks for myself and I was wondering how much people run in a week and what you would say your fitness level is.

Any information would be appreciated.

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Mileage - 55 to 80 miles per week

Fitness level - Advanced

I have been running for about 9 years, training with purpose for about half of that.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    off race season. 3-6 miles a day

Race season. 3-13 miles a day

Fitness level: Advanced.
  • Culley34
    Options
    40-50 miles / week.

Fitness level: Advanced.
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I pay more attention to time and calories burned as opposed to miles. I generally jog an hour on Monday, 45 minutes Tues-Fri, and I take the weekends off. It's usually 2400 calories burned. I'd like to do more, but I have a bad knee and don't want to tempt fate. :)

As far as experience level, I started jogging as rehab after having ACL surgery in 2010 and have done it off and on since then.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I started running about 8 months ago with a c25k program and ran my first official 5k on Saturday with a time of 28:54. I've been logging 12-15 miles a week lately.

Fitness level: intermediate
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are intense but it's definitely nice to see that people can fit that much running into their schedule maybe it's a matter of actually starting and then continuing instead of starting/stopping as I am prone to doing.

coolhand congrats on your first 5k!!
  • pojinx
    pojinx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started running about a year ago and have stayed pretty small distance. I do at least a mile 6 times a week and try to do 2 or 3 twice a week. I ran one 5k in June in 30 min.

Fitness Level- intermediate
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm not a serious runner but try to get in a run or two each week in addition to my other exercise. Weekly mileage is anywhere from 2-10.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week, on average. Distance may vary. This week, I will run 32 minutes (about 3 miles), 32 minutes, and a 4 mile longer run.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Mileage - 60 to 90 miles per week. 6 or 7 days a week. Twice a day often.

Fitness level - Pretty good

I've been running on and off for 35 years (24 of that in the Army). However, I have only been running consistently for about the past 19 months (with one month off for a broken foot).
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    3-4 times a week and 15-20 miles a week. Started running this time last year, ran my first 5K (without walking) last thankgiving, have since done serveral 5Ks and 3 10Ks, planning to run a half marathon this fall. I am a slow runner 10 - 11 min/mile but at this point distance and endurance is more important to me than speed. Best of luck to you.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I run about 15-20 miles a week - 5-6 mile average, 3-4 times a week.

Fitness level: Intermediate

I've been running for about a year (I walked for years and years before I started running).
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Mileage: 15-20 miles/week (3-4 miles/day plus strength training and cross training)
    Fitness Level: Intermediate

I've been running since April 2012, really focusing on it more within the last 3-4 months.
  • jtslim42
    Options
    25 to 35 miles a week... I am training for a half marathon right now.
  • pingash
    Options
    I try to run 4 days a week for 20-30 minutes. Averaging 8-10 miles per week

Fitness Level: Intermediate
  • WCSU1987
    Options
    Been running for five years. Max miles per week have been 50. Most miles ran at once 25. Right nope 0-30. Stopped running for six months just got in a bad funk. Back into running 40 miles. Trying to reach 60 miles and training for a 50 mile race in May. Run 4 to 5 days.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I run about 9-12 miles per week. I am trying to increase my mileage slowly so I don't get injured. I would like to be at 15-20 miles per week eventually. I try to run 2-4x during the week (2 or 3 miles each time) and then a longer run on the weekend (5-8 miles). The longer run will be getting longer as I get closer to my half marathon in Feburary.

Fitness Level: "Advanced Beginner" (I don't think I've been running long enough to be intermediate, but I didn't just start yesterday, so I decided on something in-between...lol.)
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I started the C25K in March and currently run 2-3 times a week at a distance of 5K each time.

I am a beginner runner.

The running is on top of my gym workouts which are Monday - Friday. I take weekends off by only running one day on the weekend.

Hope this helps!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I've been doing elliptical machines in the gym, plus strength training for about 8 months. Now the weather has cooled off, I'm starting to switch out the elliptical for real running. It is so much harder than anything in the gym! I'm only getting in about 2 runs a week right now - between about 3 to 5.5 miles apiece so far. I'm looking to add another run per week, and upping the mileage (and speed!) a bit as I progress. I'm still doing the strength training, so I plan on gym/running on alternating days.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I run 45 - 55 miles a week, working up to 55-60 over the next few months.

Fitness level: Probably closer to advanced, but not yet nearly as good as it could be.