Turbo Fire reviews please

Options
Please let me know what you think of this program? I am thinking of ordering it but i dont want to waste money on yet another dvd or piece of equipment that I get and end up not using. I need something that I can stay motivated with :)

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it. However, I have always done DVD workouts (so as far as motivating yourself, Not sure that I can help). It takes a couple of times to figure out the moves, but once you do, it is so much fun. I look forward to doing it most nights.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am hoping with 15 different dvd's that I woudnt get so bored with it like I do with most
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    I use it and love it. However, I have always done DVD workouts (so as far as motivating yourself, Not sure that I can help). It takes a couple of times to figure out the moves, but once you do, it is so much fun. I look forward to doing it most nights.

Also did you lose much weight doing it and did you notice inches being lost/toning, etc?
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have friends who LOVE these workouts and do them all the time. I borrowed some DVDs from a friend and quickly realized they weren't going to work for me. The workouts are fast-paced and go back and forth between kick-boxing and more dance-style moves. I'm not a super coordinated person, have no dance training, and apparently fail at learning/remembering choreography. So I was not doing the moves correctly and my knees would hurt for 1-2 days after doing a DVD.

There's a learning curve- if you want a clear workout plan, a good system to follow, and you're willing to take the time to really slowly break down all the moves and get them right (or if you're a dancer or a more graceful/ coordinated person than I am!) I think it's a great plan. If you're just thinking "ooh, high-caloric-burn workouts I can quickly do!" I would recommend something else...

Just my thoughts... I'm really glad I didn't pay for the DVDs because I wouldn't have gotten my money's worth from them.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Ive read it's a good idea doing Turbojam first as its slower and it will get you used to the steps.
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire. Considering I really dont like workout DVDs, that is huge for me. They are a lot of fun - really upbeat. If you do them first thing in the morning, they really wake you up!! I have never consistently followed the program (though I am trying to right now), they have been really great for incorporating into an already existing program too. They are a mix of dance and kickboxing, so if you arent super coordinated, you can use the "new to class" feature where they break down the moves for you a bit slower. Or you can be like me and jump right in. I bought them in November of 2010 and dont regret the purchase at all :)
  • sjeagle30
    Options
    Yeah I am not too coordinated! I will check out the new to class option if I order....or just jump right in as I get bored with instructions too :)