Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My running NSV

Yesterday was my first official 5k. I did the couch to 5k program, but really struggled the final weeks...the best I had done on a training "run" was about 39 minutes, and had never run the entire 3.1 miles without some walking mixed in that last mile. My hope for the 5k - under 38 minutes. 36min was my "dream" time - as I often hit 12 min miles outside, but typically can't sustain that pace...hence the walking.

Yesterday, I DID IT. Killer hills and all. I ran the whole thing....and even picked up the pace the last couple of blocks. Have to credit my girlfriends who were there just before the 2 mile mark to cheer me on....just when I wanted to walk. This is us after the finish.

2ce3ad8c.jpg

First official time? 34:15. Woah. Never even IMAGINED that.

Now....how to beat it......

KP

Replies

• DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    Congrats Great run..Sounds like you had too much fun
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    That is a fantastic time for your first 5K! Great job!
  • WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See? Nothing is Kimpossible! (Like how I did that? Just call me Senora cheeseball)

Keep it up, lady! You look mahvelous!:flowerforyou:
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    WAY TO GO...and that is CAPS for a reason!

There is no better feeling than crossing that finish line knowing that your ran the whole time and to set a personal best, THAT is stellar!

As a recent grad from the C25K myself...I commend you on sticking with it!

GREAT WORK!!!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    that's amazing, good job!

Now you want to know how to beat it? You keep going and going and going. sign up for another 5k, keep training. move up to a 10k, a 10 miler, a 1/2 marathon... the possibilities are limitless!!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Awesome job. That is a great time
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration! I have a 5k on Saturday and my goal is to run the entire way - no walk breaks. We'll see how it goes.
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    nice job!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Congrats Kim! Sure helps to have some friends around when you need them.
    Keep up the good work and best of luck on trying to beat your new best time!
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    What an amazing feeling!!! Great job!
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    Thanks everyone! If someone told me 6 months ago that I would run 3 blocks - I would have laughed at them. 3 miles still seems a little surreal.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooo! So proud of you Kim. Every second of that time was well deserved - you've worked so hard for this :)
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    So freaking proud of you! Its an amazing feeling isn't it! I knew you could do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!