Diet & Exercise on MFP

Options
sassyl
sassyl Posts: 10 Member
Hey all, Happy New Year!

You know when you exercise and then you get more calories... Am I supposed to eat the extra calories so my 'net' is 1200 or do I just take it as bonus calories? Seems a shame to eat it!

Confused!?!

Replies

• Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    Options
    im trying to stick to the 1200 xx
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    A lot of people say they try to stick within the daily calorie intake, not eating the extras. If you think of it this way, it might help: eating 1200 (less than 2000) daily would allow you to lose weight, working out, helps you lose weight faster. So if you eat the extra calories, then you are kind of eating the benefits of your workout. I normally try to stay within my 1200 also, and if I go over, I make sure that I am still well under my extra calories too. Sometimes, I use that as a incentive to workout extra in the evening, if I think I did too bad.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    here's the main topics link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/9-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help

there are some sticky posts at the top (the ones with the thumb tacks next to them)
    that have lots of information. Stuff that people put a lot of effort into and has been saved for future new members so we wouldn't have to write it out again.

I recommend reading through them, there's a lot of info, but it's important to understand why we all say what we say.