Just looking for some helpful guidelines?

2»

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    While I agree with 2, 4, and 5 and can accept 3 (though I think it's a bit 'meh')
    1. cut down on the "healthy" foods that are high in calories but not very satiating, specifically nuts, nut butters, dread fruit, granola, avocados, liquid milk, protein shakes, and fruit juice. Those things are healthy for athletes who need extra energy but, in my opinion, they shouldn't be touched by anyone who is above their healthy weight range except as a treat.
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Hey there, I'm 5'10 and somewhat of a slow loser (13 lbs since January.)

Feel free to add me and my diary is open if you want to look.

I had an issue a couple months back that I wasn't eating enough. I feel since everyone's system is different, this whole weight loss thing has been like a science project to me. Some people can eat 1200 and lose. I found out I can't. So I worked with adding a few calories until I found a good number for me..like 1700ish. Now I'm back on track.

I'm not a shake fan personally, just because those don't teach me how to eat properly or with correct portion sizes. Just keep experimenting and you'll find what works for you. :happy:
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years. My weight didn't budge without hours of exercise everyday until I reduced my carb intake. I'm now grain free and eat around 50g carbs/day. High fat, low carb with a good amount of protein is working wonders.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    ^