Want to lose 30lbs by Feb

Options
I am going to be a grandmother in February. I have bad knees and Dr. said if I lose weight, I will be able to get around better (wow I knew that already). Ok, so in order to feel like I can safely carry by new to be grandchild, I need to drop at least 30 pounds. I work so much, I tend to binge by late in the day.... when I am not working, I tend to lay on the couch and watch tv.....I have and am paying for a fitness membership and at my day job, the building has offered free use of a new gym.....

I need help with motivation. I just can not seem to get started. Any suggestions....

Replies

• trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Get a copy of the sonogram and make more copies. place one on the refrigerator, one in the area you watch tv, one where you work. This way everytime you see the picture, you will remember the time frame you are up against, and what your motivation is. Move the pictures once a week so that they don't just become part of the background. I walk every day, and read while I walk, this way I can enjoy a good book while I am exercising, it really helps pass the time., another is if you like to watch tv, get an ipod if you don't have one, and put some favorite movies or tv shows on it, and watch while you exercise. Good luck! You have a lot to look forward to, and February is not very far away.
  • worker51
    worker51 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks, the sonogram idea is a great one. We just had the Ultrasound last week! I have my iphone with me today and have Pandora on it, so I think I will walk on the treadmill during lunch....
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Ok, so how did lunch go? Did you make it to the treadmill?