Heart Rate Moniters

Options
Which one do you like/use and why? I am looking. Thanks!

Replies

• mcpjan
    mcpjan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am using a Polar PT4. I can see how hard I am working out so to stay in the zone (fat / cardio) doing. This model does not let you download your workouts to track them. That is something I would like to do but at this time could not spend that much money.

I would suggest you figure out what you want to do with it and then pick one that fits your needs. Some are water resistant which means you can swim with them. The one I use has a chest strap. I wanted that type as I think they are more accurate. Let me know if I can help answer any questions you have.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4. I heard a bunch of mixed reviews on it, but for the price, I have never had any issues with it. Whatever one you buy, just make sure it has a chest strap.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I have the polar t14 also Im glad I did get it I am amazed at how inaccurate the gym machines seem to be my polar always seems to be 20 cals behind the machine,one machine had me burning 220 cals in10 mins polar had it at 80!-
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    Use a polar FT 7 and really like it but the latest is Bluetooth low energy BLE that you can use with a smart phone instead of a watch. To really find out what would suit you or see what is available go to Polar USA and use their guide. If GPS is a requirement Garmin makes some great ones.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I got an FT7 as I wanted to download the information but this only works intermittantly, so I now read off the information and type it in to a ss.

Do like it though.
  • ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft 7. It's pretty awesome!
  • jjennasmithh
    Options
    I have the polar ft 7. It's pretty awesome!

I have the same, polar is amazing!!