New to Fitness Pal, lovin' it!

I've been doing fitness pal 4 days strong now on my iphone. All I can say is I love it. It keeps me accountable. I fight late night hunger pangs but its only the first week. I've also been working out every day. I have to lose a whole person so this is gonna be a long haul but I'm ok with that. I've been on tumblr as well and the fitspo tag is helping me stay motivated. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I'm not sure how to do it myself yet. I don't just wanna lose weight, I wanna be fit and healthy. I'd like cut muscles when I reach my ultimate goal. I've been trying many diets over the past few years since my 4th boy but its been discouraging and I seem to fall off the wagon at about 2 weeks. I HATE being in the 200's. So, I guess my first goal is 199. That will keep me motivated. I started at 221, my highest was 225. I'm 5'4". One of my downfalls about my "dieting" is that I haven't been working out and so I still feel like a blob and I still feel weak and limited to what I can do. Well this is the LAST TIME... I'm not dieting anymore. I'm eating healthy and I'm working out and already.. I'm 4 days into it and I feel stronger and healthier. Here's to good health, no sore joints or back and most of all, heres to health!!!

Replies

• Welcome! I just added you. :D
  • karenbethrn
    karenbethrn Posts: 56 Member
    thank you!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    awesome! feel free to add me!
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    You can do it! You are so right about the accountability- it is great! I love it! Add me if you wish! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Welcome! MFP is truly great for support. I had joined over a year ago, lost all the weight I wanted and it really was through the support of my MFP's that I accomplished it all.

You can do it!!!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Welcome Karen To MFP:):):) A New Healthy Journey:):):)
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Added. :flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I've been doing fitness pal 4 days strong now on my iphone. All I can say is I love it. It keeps me accountable. I fight late night hunger pangs but its only the first week. I've also been working out every day. I have to lose a whole person so this is gonna be a long haul but I'm ok with that. I've been on tumblr as well and the fitspo tag is helping me stay motivated. If anyone wants to add me, feel free. I'm not sure how to do it myself yet. I don't just wanna lose weight, I wanna be fit and healthy. I'd like cut muscles when I reach my ultimate goal. I've been trying many diets over the past few years since my 4th boy but its been discouraging and I seem to fall off the wagon at about 2 weeks. I HATE being in the 200's. So, I guess my first goal is 199. That will keep me motivated. I started at 221, my highest was 225. I'm 5'4". One of my downfalls about my "dieting" is that I haven't been working out and so I still feel like a blob and I still feel weak and limited to what I can do. Well this is the LAST TIME... I'm not dieting anymore. I'm eating healthy and I'm working out and already.. I'm 4 days into it and I feel stronger and healthier. Here's to good health, no sore joints or back and most of all, heres to health!!!

Sounds like me. Keep lifting! Lifting weights and being fat made me look bulky, but once I lost the fat it was pretty, so don't give up. My story here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    I'll add you!! :) I started at about 230, and I really just want out of 200 to start with!!

also, any one can feel free to add me as well! :)
  • karenbethrn
    Wow, thank you for all the warm welcomes and friend adds. Thats an amazing story! You look AWESOME, californiagrl! So inspirational. This is something I plan on sticking to. I just got into grad school and I will graduate in 28 months. I hope to have my transformation by then. Slow and steady. I mean, I'll just have school for the next 28 months so there shouldnt be any obstacles. Working out daily... no more night shift, blah... and I plan to pack my lunches and healthy snacks every day.. in class, in library, no matter. I WILL DO THIS!!
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Welcome!!! I joined on the 4th of this month and I love it too! I'm desperately trying to get out of the 200's as well. I'm friending you!
  • NShapeRunning
    NShapeRunning Posts: 16 Member
    Welcome! This is my second time on it! Love this site.
  • karenbethrn
    Awesome! We can do this together... I'll be there for ya! :)
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Sounds like you have a great outlook for losing weight - I'm with you, I just got down to 220lb and have a 100 still to lose (give or take with muscle gain :-) I sent you a friend request!
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Welcome!! You can do this!!! Friending you; and feel free to friend me too.
  • HealthylivingTIG
    HealthylivingTIG Posts: 174 Member

Add me.. I agree with you, this site is Awesome!! I have 26lbs to lose... it sounds so HUMUNGOUS (lol) but I can do it. You can too. WHen you get a moment check out the success stories discussion topic and search for the "ONEDERLAND" posts. These are people who have shared their stories about getting into the 100 weight class if you will. Once you hit 199.. you will officially be a member of ONEDERLAND. I like reading those stories.. they are so inspirational. Add exercise to your day as well if possible. Small steps.. maybe 15 minutes per day for 3 eays per week and work your way up. You can do this... Just Believe!
  • karenbethrn
    thanks, healthyliving, I'll check that out. Can't wait to get there. To me, that will be my first hump to get over. I haven't been there in at least 3 years. I have been exercising since I started earlier this week. Every day, as a matter of fact. That's a HUGE difference for me and I feel so much better because of it. I just did my first p90x video last night. LOL! My arms are jello today. Its a good feeling tho. Pylometrics today! WOOHOO!
  • Consider yourself added! :)
  • karenbethrn
    thanks callaway, nice to see you!
  • Welcome, I just joined as well. Wishing you lots of success on this journey :)