Super size me

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    McDonald's was easy to give up....now Taco Bell is a different story, NEVER!

agree.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome to 10 years ago!
    I haven't ever cared for McDonalds. But of couse I found it to be quite biased as most food docs are.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I quit eating so much at McDonalds after seeing that. Taco Bell and KFC are my go to places now. :bigsmile:

lol...yeah they're on much higher levels than McD's. (sarcasm) (hoping quoted poster is full of sarcasm, too)

Hand me a Big Mac and let's move on.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I watched Penn and Teller's show on fast food last night.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I watched the movie Shooter last night. I ♥ Mark Wahlberg.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I'm in class watching it right now...and holy crap fast food just look disgusting! *drinks water*
    anyways...I hope everyone is having a good day.
    It made me laugh. And I still eat McDonald's once a week. Can't you tell?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Now go watch Fat Head, a documentary created in response to Super Size Me.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    It was very bias, manipulative, and deceptive... But when you're selling a concept people already want to believe in, you'll almost always get positive reviews.

You nailed it
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I watched Downton Abbey last night.

It was awesome.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    What REALLY gets me, is people who watch these and are surpised. Did you think fast food was good for you?
    C'mon now.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    watched it,.....went to mcdonalds ate a bigmac lol but i would never eat there as much as he did, Fat head is a good one too!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I'm in class watching it right now...and holy crap fast food just look disgusting! *drinks water*

Now watch "Downsize Me"...
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I assume the same people who watched Super Size Me and have since then boycotted McDonalds have also followed the professor who went on the Twinkie diet and are now eating nothing but Hostess and Little Debbies...I mean, it's only fair, right?
  • rml_16
    Options
    What REALLY gets me, is people who watch these and are surpised. Did you think fast food was good for you?
    C'mon now.
    That's my problem with this. He ate the worst possible choices on a fast food menu three times a day for a month. Why is this a documentary? Are people actually surprised by the results???
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    C'mon now.
    That's my problem with this. He ate the worst possible choices on a fast food menu three times a day for a month. Why is this a documentary? Are people actually surprised by the results???

It's not so much that either, it's the fact that he was in shape, knew how to exercise, and yet, he neglected to keep his calorie burn even close to his intake. Anyone can go anywhere, including eating "healthy" at home and gain weight. Trust me...it's not all that difficult.
  • rml_16
    Options
    C'mon now.

It's not so much that either, it's the fact that he was in shape, knew how to exercise, and yet, he neglected to keep his calorie burn even close to his intake. Anyone can go anywhere, including eating "healthy" at home and gain weight. Trust me...it's not all that difficult.
    Absolutely!

I just can't get past all the people "shocked" by his results. SMH
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    C'mon now.

I just remembered that Simpsons episode, where the woman comes into the house to sell them baby safety devices?

She spends 15mins trying to open something she finds under the sink, and they're all shocked when they realise Maggie could've ended up eating it (turns out to be baby formula).
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    That guy in the documentary, sure does whine a lot.
  • silky_kitten
    silky_kitten Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I watched the first two episodes of American Horror Story last night. That kept me entertained while I had toast and cheese whiz.
  • oregonzoo
    Options
    That guy in the documentary, sure does whine a lot.
    I actually really like Morgan Spurlock and a lot of the work he does.
    Expecially a show that was on TV a while back. 30 days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Days_(TV_series)

That said.. I wasn't a fan of Supersize me at all.