Is this crazy?

Options
2»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Celebrities were doing that awhile ago. It doesn't have much to do with the nutritional quality of baby food (you could eat a banana and get the same nutrients); it's more that it's a pre portioned amount of food that you can't really mess up unless you go over your jar allotment.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well, some of the jars of baby food have very little added seasoning (sodium), the portions are definitely tiny and the food is supposed to be healthy....

I have no idea what the calorie counts are on the baby food portions but portion control seems to be the point here. I guess I get it. I can't help to think that there is a better way to achieve this same goal. Not too mention there are tastier alternatives. Why not just measure your food out and put it into food storage containers?
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Loo, I guess it could work but that would suck!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard of this diet.
    Blended/pureed is easier to digest, but I wouldn't jump on the wagon and replace all my meals with baby food. Yuck! lol
    Not to mention if you actually go out and buy all those baby food jars you'll find that you are missing out on some essential nutrients needed for an adult...

Have a smoothie for breakfast instead by blending up some berries, a banana and yogurt! lol :)
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    that's a lot of breast milk

:laugh:
  • Gurlyknockout
    Gurlyknockout Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ive actually saw a girl at working eating stright from the baby food jar about 6yrs ago. She is still nick-named bady food girl. We thought she was just nuts. :laugh:
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I love you.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My friend threw something out of the blue at me, and I'm not sure whether to think she's lost it or may have a point.

Controlling portions and getting your nutrients strictly from.. baby food?

Please bring me back to reality.

Yes.

But call me maybe?
  • DJTJ34
    Options
    baby food sucks
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. When my kids were babies, we boiled carrots or beets or potato or pears, and ran them through the food processor, then put them in tupperware and fed them that. Why would you not just eat the carrots, beets, potato or pears? We only just smashed them because babies don't have teeth. It's an unecessary step for grown-ups.

So, is she saying she wants to be a vegetarian, or is she saying that she wants to pull all her teeth out?

LOL!!!
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options

FTW!!!! ;)
  • lilprincess1026
    lilprincess1026 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. When my kids were babies, we boiled carrots or beets or potato or pears, and ran them through the food processor, then put them in tupperware and fed them that. Why would you not just eat the carrots, beets, potato or pears? We only just smashed them because babies don't have teeth. It's an unecessary step for grown-ups.

So, is she saying she wants to be a vegetarian, or is she saying that she wants to pull all her teeth out?

LOL! I thought the same thing.

I would just make food/ snacks and put them in smaller Tupperware containers