Turbofire

Options
I'm starting Turbofire today. Does anyone have any tips or opinions?

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Groups will have the best detailed opinions for you;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3163-turbo-fire-hotties
  • timvet
    timvet Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love this workout! I am at the advanced level and it's a blast! Just give yourself time to learn her ques and moves. I also recommend a good pair of shoes for this program. I got some cross trainers after about 2 weeks and it made huge difference! Good luck!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun. I don't follow a schedule with it anymore, but it's my go-to for cardio.
  • dancinginrain
    dancinginrain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    soooo tempted to buy turbo fire! will watch your results :) persuade me lol :) good luck
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Do the "new to class" first for each workout. Lots of people get frustrated when they cant pick up on the moves the first time and dont stick with the workout. I love turbo fire and cant wait to see another program from Chalene. I am 26 weeks pregnant and STILL do turbofire, thats how much i love it!
  • mbristol73
    Options
    Thanks for so much input so quickly!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Super fun! I do it barefoot, though. I land softer. Enjoy!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I officially started today as well. I just finished up the 5-day infurno, which was great and helped me get used to the routines. Not to mention that I lost 4lbs in those 5 days. And, yes, I look crazy trying to follow her. I do much better following Alley (the girl who does the moderate version). Once I can master her moves, I attempt the regular moves. Add me as a friend and we can compare days! Tomorrow is day 2 week 1. We can do this!
  • mbristol73
    Options
    I'm sure I looked crazy too. That workout almost killed me! I need to ease into it more. I also tried to follow Alley And I'm up a pound today :( But I'm going to keep at it! You're right, we can do it!
  • mbristol73
    Options
    Super fun! I do it barefoot, though. I land softer. Enjoy!
    I wondered about doing it barefoot because unless I get far away from the TV, I"m doing it on carpet & I had a hard time moving my tennis shoes fast on the carpet. Thanks!
  • mbristol73
    Options
    Have a sense of humor for your first few workouts. I was so lost at first I don't think I even broke a sweat!! it got easier. The program is soooo much fun that I looked forward to my workout every day!

Definitely need good, relatively new and supportive shoes. Old running shoes are not going to cut it. I also bought the BeachBody Jump Mat to cushion the jumps and that helped a lot.

Enjoy. It is my favorite!
    I will keep a sense of humor :) I was getting aggravated a couple of times when I couldn't catch on to the choreograpy. But I had no problems breaking a sweat! But good to know it takes everyone time to catch on.