Are there any whey protein shakes out there w/out soy

Options
Help!! I have been told to stay away from soy,as it leads to bloating and weight gain. I have been working out hard,and keeping MFP updated daily. I have lost only 4lbs. in a month. I hear people talking abt.whey protein shakes being helpful,but I am scared to try if it has soy lecithin in it. I imagine soy lecithin is the same as soy. I do not need to gain wt.,i want to lose abt. 40 lbs at least.Can anyone help me and let me know if soy lecithin is a problem,or if there are soy free whey protein shakes out there? I will appreciate anyfeedback.Someone told me to get JMiwhey protein because of low calories,high fiber/protein,but it has soy lecithin in it.

Replies

• mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes, soy lecithin is derived from soy plants, so if you want to stay away from soy products, it is a good one to avoid; although, I've never heard about the link between bloating and soy consumption.

The protein powder I use, Leanfit Whey Protein, does not contain soy lecithin. So you could try that one.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Biochem 100% Whey Isolate is what I use because I can't have soy
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Slim & Sassy TrimShake by doTerra also contains no soy.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.I will look into those products.Did you have to buy them online,or are they sold anywhere in particular.?