strength training HELP! I am confused.

Options
I found an app for my ipod for strength training. It has body weight, resistance band, stability ball, and hand weights. My question is... What am i doing?? Do I need to make it a circut and repeat what I choose. What is approriate for sets? the highest wieght I have is 8 pounds. I did some with the all today. Do I continue that? Do I choose one and stick with it.. I get bored easily.. I spend so much time reading how to properly to each exercise I wasted alot of time, but as I get use to them and figure them out what is the best approach.. I didnt even sweat much, with cardio I am dripping with that and my HRM I feel like I have accomplished something.. Am I working out right? I need to incorporate ST in so at least 2-3 days weekly is my goal. But it bores me! LOL HELP!
This morning workout consisted of
5 min strectch
stability ball bridge 15
stability ball pass off 15
stability ball crunch 15
dumbell jerk 15 1 set with 8 pound weights
resistance band deadlift 1 set 15
stabiilty ball chest press 1 set of 15 8 pound weight
stablity ball chest fly 1 set of 15 8 pound weight
stability ball puul over 1 set of 15 with 8 pound weight
5 push ups
5 t push ups
I thought 15 sounded like a good number, so I stuck with it.

Replies

• Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    This routine is mostly cardio with some endurance based training. It is not strength training. (aside from possibly pushups)
  • Thundermtn
    Options
    This routine is mostly cardio with some endurance based training. It is not strength training. (aside from possibly pushups)

^^
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Doing exercises on a stability ball is great for someone in rehab, but for a normal person with no major injury they are near worthless. Sorry.