Sugar???

Options
Ok so i am going over my sugar from eating to much fruit...well i really havent eatten that much but anyways....is it ok to go over your sugar with fruit or should i cut back on the fruit???

Replies

• Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If your goal is low carb, the fruit counts. If you're diet is mostly composed of carbs, the sugar from fruit is ok. I
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    If you're satisfied throughout the day eating the way you are then it's not a problem.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to track sugar specifically. It is a carb and should be part of your carb goal in general.
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Although fruit does have sugar, being fructose and non-processed, most fruit has a pretty low glycemic index rating. Unless it's a melon or banana (fast digesting) chances are it is pretty 'complex'. Also make sure it is whole fruit, not fruit juice, just like whole grain vs. white.. the less processed, the slower it digests, the better the carb option it is..
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition, there is no reason to track sugar specifically. It is a carb and should be part of your carb goal in general.
    This. It's irrelevant as long as you are watching your calories.