BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I would like to join! I need the support and to be able to talk to someone that has been where I am now. I would like to lose at least 100lbs but, I really don't know how to diet without being hungry All the time. And the sweet cravings are out of this world!!!

Thank you,
    Lisa

Hey Lisa,

Welcome to the team Lisa! 100 lbs may seem like an immense task but by taking it one pound at a time you can and will reach your goal. Lets get going and start getting you their!

:drinker:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Welcome all the Black Team newbies.

You don't have to do anything to "join". Come back, find us, talk to us, participate in challenges, tell us about yourself, friend request us, make your food journal available, share what's going on with you, encourage others.

That's it, no paperwork, no background checks necessary!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Would love to join the Black Team! I will be able to join in this Wed, but afterwards I will be in Dominican for vacation! Whoo Hoo. Can't wait to hear from all of you =)

Welcome to the team Stephica! Enjoy your Vacation. we look forward to getting to know you when ya get back!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this team. How do I sign up. I have already lost a total of 60 pounds since I first began 2 years ago, but I have at least another 60 to go. Please let me to where to sign up or whatever for this team. I think this is awesome!

Just by signing in you are signing up!

Looks like Andrew will take weights on Weds. Just PM him your starting weight on Weds.

Come here each day for encouragement or to rant..........or post my FAVorite thing....your proud of the day!

I for one cant wait for the challenges...........I have been off the charts for 3 weeks!!

Welcome......my name is Jeannie
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I would love to join in, if you will have me? I'm excited about the new year and making tons of changes to this aging body of mine.

Hey Retrobaby,

Welcome to the black team! I love the 80's myself. Accept that I was a little guy in the 80's so it less about flock of seagulls and more about thundercats for me. lol Anyhoo, Welcome to the team. Lets make this decade your new favorite by making the the decade that changed your life. We're glad to have ya!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Andrew...........do I have to change my ticker??

I donewanna

tantrum.gif

I think it is 1 pound..........so here's what I shall do. Before Weds I will lose that one pound so I can leave it at 134.....there ya go!
    I already accounted for the 2 pounds over the holidays...........which I am mega proud of!!!
  • 72lori
    Options

OOohhhhhh I am gonna load up on sodium for 3 days and weigh in so next week I WIN I WIN I WIN....BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait! That is NOT what this is about???

Hrmph.......Ok, I will go have my eggs and toast and water.......

:laugh:

I have been loading up on sodium for something like 11 days, so I will win.....bwahahahaha! (Truly, the only thing I will win is a hideous number on the scale that may make me gasp.)

I wish I could have toast and eggs. I still have't gotten groceries since we got home. No eggs or bread in the house. I can have milk... and protein powder.... mmmm, breakfast. A banana would be nice, but don't have any of them either. I went to the commmissary yesterday and it was closed, couldn't make myself do Walmart, called the commissary again and it's still not open, Walmart may have to do!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Welcome all the Black Team newbies.

You don't have to do anything to "join". Come back, find us, talk to us, participate in challenges, tell us about yourself, friend request us, make your food journal available, share what's going on with you, encourage others.

That's it, no paperwork, no background checks necessary!

background checks smiley-scared007.gif
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    This is exactly what I need ... "accountability" is a gr8 thing !!

Welcome to the team slim34. Your right accountability is a great thing and we've got plenty of it over here. Glad you've joined us now lets do this.

:happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this team. How do I sign up. I have already lost a total of 60 pounds since I first began 2 years ago, but I have at least another 60 to go. Please let me to where to sign up or whatever for this team. I think this is awesome!

Hey Jessica! Welcome to the team, Jeannie hit the nail on the head above. Not alot "required" to be on the team. Firstly I would like to congratulate you on the weight you have already lost. 60 lbs is AWESOME! way to go!. We look forward to being part of the last 60.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

OOohhhhhh I am gonna load up on sodium for 3 days and weigh in so next week I WIN I WIN I WIN....BWAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait! That is NOT what this is about???

Hrmph.......Ok, I will go have my eggs and toast and water.......

:laugh:

I have been loading up on sodium for something like 11 days, so I will win.....bwahahahaha! (Truly, the only thing I will win is a hideous number on the scale that may make me gasp.)

I wish I could have toast and eggs. I still have't gotten groceries since we got home. No eggs or bread in the house. I can have milk... and protein powder.... mmmm, breakfast. A banana would be nice, but don't have any of them either. I went to the commmissary yesterday and it was closed, couldn't make myself do Walmart, called the commissary again and it's still not open, Walmart may have to do!

Oh that truly stinks. It is hard with nothing in the house. I realized this week that that is my downfall...........I MUST have healthy choices!! Now I want a smoothie........but thank God I do have the ingreds for that.

Lori, you know you always gain during vaca..........and it comes right back off once you eat and drink clean. You will be fine. One week and you will be down 5-6 pounds, you know it!

As for the working out earlier mentioned..........a trainer told me they work out 3 hrs a week, but to get those arms and abs she eats lots of protien and complex carbs. She also lifts VERY heavy.....I LOL when she did the sled machine with ALL the plates on it. This chick is 50, 5'2", 110 pounds and lifted prob 600 pounds with her legs...........freakish :laugh:

Also she said the stuff we do with our body weight...........like push ups, squats and lunges are the key to beautiful sculpted arms.

Oh and BTW............you are HOT just the way you are!!!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options

I donewanna

tantrum.gif

I think it is 1 pound..........so here's what I shall do. Before Weds I will lose that one pound so I can leave it at 134.....there ya go!
    I already accounted for the 2 pounds over the holidays...........which I am mega proud of!!!

Jeannie! Are you throwing a temper tantrum?

I donewannnnaaaa change my ticker either. Mine says FIFTY. I had been hovering there before Christmas, maybe only 49.... but I never changed it cause 50 was so purdy.

I am going to change it. Weekly. Whether I like what it says or not. I will update on our first weigh in. It might make me want to cry, but it will be a good kick in the pants.

I am so glad we are back and in full force. I need this. Even if it means I have to tell the 'truth' on my ticker. So be it.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Hey Jessica! Welcome to the team, Jeannie hit the nail on the head above. Not alot "required" to be on the team. Firstly I would like to congratulate you on the weight you have already lost. 60 lbs is AWESOME! way to go!. We look forward to being part of the last 60.

or 50 and then the 10 pounds from hell :grumble:

uh, I mean....puppies and flowers and kittens and showers :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I donewanna

tantrum.gif

I donewannnnaaaa change my ticker either. Mine says FIFTY. I had been hovering there before Christmas, maybe only 49.... but I never changed it cause 50 was so purdy.

I am going to change it. Weekly. Whether I like what it says or not. I will update on our first weigh in. It might make me want to cry, but it will be a good kick in the pants.

I am so glad we are back and in full force. I need this. Even if it means I have to tell the 'truth' on my ticker. So be it.

Thanks. If you look at my ticker I got real with myself and admitted I need to lose another 10. I am happy I reached my goal....dont get me wrong.......I just KNOW my body is petite and needs to lose another 10. Period. No excuses........insert Marla slap......:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

I donewanna

tantrum.gif

Thanks. If you look at my ticker I got real with myself and admitted I need to lose another 10. I am happy I reached my goal....dont get me wrong.......I just KNOW my body is petite and needs to lose another 10. Period. No excuses........insert Marla slap......:laugh:

I won't make you change your tickers. I can't make any woman do anything. DW will tell you that. lol But I admire you guys for being honest with yourselves. I think adjusting the ticker for gains is just as important. Believe me, I wish mine still said 125 lbs lost. lol
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

or 50 and then the 10 pounds from hell :grumble:

uh, I mean....puppies and flowers and kittens and showers :flowerforyou:

Or 56 and the 4 that takes four months to lose? Well, at least you'll probably drop some inches in those 4 months. :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Oh that truly stinks. It is hard with nothing in the house. I realized this week that that is my downfall...........I MUST have healthy choices!! Now I want a smoothie........but thank God I do have the ingreds for that.

Lori, you know you always gain during vaca..........and it comes right back off once you eat and drink clean. You will be fine. One week and you will be down 5-6 pounds, you know it!

As for the working out earlier mentioned..........a trainer told me they work out 3 hrs a week, but to get those arms and abs she eats lots of protien and complex carbs. She also lifts VERY heavy.....I LOL when she did the sled machine with ALL the plates on it. This chick is 50, 5'2", 110 pounds and lifted prob 600 pounds with her legs...........freakish :laugh:

Also she said the stuff we do with our body weight...........like push ups, squats and lunges are the key to beautiful sculpted arms.

Jeannie called me hot! Thank you sweetie! Yes, I take enough 'vacations' to know the drill, I'm not stressing this time.

Oooohhh, I want a smoothie. Wish I had yogurt. :laugh: It is really hard to eat well when the food is not around.

As for the training thing with Jillian- guess if I had less body fat my arms and abs would pop more too. I'm trying, can't get rid of the stuff!

I don't lift sissy weights, but I don't leg press 600 pounds either. My knees couldn't take that. I am going to work my legs more and harder, it's a goal. I avoid legs. As for my arms and chest, I usually chest press between 50-65 pounds, do curls with 30-40 pounds. I never pick up a dumbbell less than 15 pounds for any exercise I do out in the gym. In classes when the instructor says heavy and light weights, most women get 5's and 8's. I get 10's and 15's.

See, I'm not twirling around those 3 and 5 pound q-tip weights...... LOL! For the record, No, I'm not making fun of light weights, they are beneficial too, but I want ripped arms so I work for them!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I won't make you change your tickers. I can't make any woman do anything. DW will tell you that. lol But I admire you guys for being honest with yourselves. I think adjusting the ticker for gains is just as important. Believe me, I wish mine still said 125 lbs lost. lol

For me changing my ticker is going to have to be part of it. Weekly accountability. Even though I weigh almost daily, I only change my ticker once a week on oficial weigh in day.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Jeannie called me hot! Thank you sweetie! Yes, I take enough 'vacations' to know the drill, I'm not stressing this time.

Oooohhh, I want a smoothie. Wish I had yogurt. :laugh: It is really hard to eat well when the food is not around.

As for the training thing with Jillian- guess if I had less body fat my arms and abs would pop more too. I'm trying, can't get rid of the stuff!

I don't lift sissy weights, but I don't leg press 600 pounds either. My knees couldn't take that. I am going to work my legs more and harder, it's a goal. I avoid legs. As for my arms and chest, I usually chest press between 50-65 pounds, do curls with 30-40 pounds. I never pick up a dumbbell less than 15 pounds for any exercise I do out in the gym. In classes when the instructor says heavy and light weights, most women get 5's and 8's. I get 10's and 15's.

See, I'm not twirling around those 3 and 5 pound q-tip weights...... LOL! For the record, No, I'm not making fun of light weights, they are beneficial too, but I want ripped arms so I work for them!

I have gotten much better with doing heavier weights on my upper body along with the push-ups, but I don't use nearly as much weight as I can (or probably should) for my legs. I am too afraid to get injured and mess up my running. :cry:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

For me changing my ticker is going to have to be part of it. Weekly accountability. Even though I weigh almost daily, I only change my ticker once a week on oficial weigh in day.

Me too-- and for team continuity, I'll leave it at Wednesday.

Need to fly for now-- later team!