Splenda

Options
I am seeing all of these wonderful recipes that use granulated splenda as an alternative to sugar. The problem is that both spneda and that other artificial sweetener are huge migraine triggers for me. Does anyone have any low cal desert type recipes that will make me feel like I am not denying myself or can someone tell me an alternative to artificial sweeteners in deserts?

Sarah

Replies

• tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Have you tried stevia?
  • okiesarah
    Options
    Actually no. I have not tried it yet. I will give it a try on my rest day just in case it gives me a migraine. Thanks :)
  • ncprasad
    ncprasad Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Its expensive, but blue agave is awesome and pretty healthy although I am not sure how well they work in dessert recipe. I usually add it to my tea.
  • MorbidFaerie
    MorbidFaerie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I found a couple in some cookbooks that I got years ago. Cooking Yourself Thin and Cooking Yourself Thin Faster. Splenda is a migraine trigger for me as well so I stay clear of it. They use a lot of grated veggies or other changes rather than changing the sweetener. They have alot of good recipes in there other than sweets too
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I just found Domino Light! I am having issues with what I believe is being caused by artificial sweeteners and I came across this! It is 50% sugar and 50% Stevia. Both natural! You can even cook and bake with it and it has 1 calorie more per serving than Splenda! They also have a Domino Light brown sugar too! I found it at Walmart! There is also a coupon you can print off on the Domino site too!
  • joshandtrina
    Options
    please research splenda and aspartme before you ever let it enter into your body again!! Stevia is is AMAZING!! you can by it powdered now but i like to get a tincture ( liquid ) of it. It is 300x sweeter than sugar so start with very little.... There is a free video until the 22nd called genetic roulette and it explains why these artificial sweetners are so bad, youtube it.