How's everyone feeling on January 1st?

Options
So, how is everyone doing? Are you feeling inspired on the 1st day of 2010? Do you have regrets about how you spent the final few weeks of 2009? Nervous you won't get back on track? Ready to jump in feet first? Anything you want to reflect on? Advice you want to offer?

I'd like to know how everyone's feeling as the new year begins.

nyres.jpg

Replies

• vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    The only regret I have is that i fell off the wagon last night and ate too much...and drank too much....but other than that, no regrets and back on track today...2010 is going to b a great year!
  • MarshJulie1989
    Options
    Feeling good...couldn't drink due to being on duty (military) plus the gym is closed today, which is a bummer.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    Excited! Can't wait to get moving forward and back on track. I joined MFP in 2008 and did pretty good. Then somehow, I let all of 2009 get away from me and gained it all back. But I have new motivation in my life, and I know that I can do anything that I put my mind to in 2010!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling tentatively motivated myself. I spent December undoing a lot of my progress, and I'm ready to put all of that behind me. I'm thankful for the new year, because it comes with built in motivation, and I needed a refresh of my motivation right now. :)
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I am feeling bummed that I have to make the same New Years resolution year after year. I am hoping that 2010 will put an end to that!
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    Feeling hopeful..I overindulged on the holiday cookie parties, and realized I didnt have to sample every cookie on the tray :) for me thats progress! :)

I've started and stopped quite a few times and its always after falling off the wagon ..but I'm beginning to realize that it doesnt have to be like that..if I have a bad day-its just ONE day- and I can jump back on and there is no need to feel guilty..thats self defeating.. I've realized this has to be a lifestyle change I have to commit myself to, not just a diet..
  • Amanda01
    Options
    I feel awesome! Rady to meet my weight loss goals this year. Got half way there last year, 2010 is it!
  • porterbaby38
    porterbaby38 Posts: 1,401
    Options
    actually i felt terrible completely before christmas and after christmas. now i'm ready to get my butt back in gear, and continue my journey, on my weight lose. i know this may sound weird, but i think every weight lose is like that song miley cyrus sings, THE CLIMB.
  • augustbells
    Options
    Well, I was feeling horrible for the first part of the day but then I went out for my first power walk of the year and now I'm jazzed! Lol. This year feels like one full of positive changes for me...and I can't wait.
    2009 came with a lot of stress and illness so I'm glad that year is over. And I am mindfully creating a positive and energized beginning to 2010.

:smile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling hopeful...a little excited and nervous. I finally made a blog entry about how hideous 2009 was for me and how I plan to make 2010 better. I am planning to make some serious changes in how I deal with others, with stress, with myself.
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I felt and still feel great.. got up early (while everyone was still sleeping) made a very healthy breakfast, headed to the gym for an awesome hard core work-out and ending the day with a relaxing shower and watching some tv...

I don't have any regrets from 2009 just wished I stayed on my healthier path earlier in the year instead of slacking off.. but it's never to late to start over...

Feeling strong and determined for this new year.. Taking on my own personal challenge to transform myself into a lean, curvaceous, sexy body.. Not taking no shortcuts, just pumping iron, training hard and eating right... I will get there!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    sorry double post.. :blushing:
  • cpav65
    cpav65 Posts: 2
    Options
    Feeling very motivated and ready to tackle 2010!!!:smile:
  • Nikki_Z
    Nikki_Z Posts: 28
    Options
    Motivated. Definitely. I ended 2009 with a 45 minute spinning class only to start 2010 with a 90 minute spinning class! Of course then I spent the rest of the day doing pretty much nothing!
    I am feeling bummed that I have to make the same New Years resolution year after year. I am hoping that 2010 will put an end to that!

I stopped making resolutions years ago because I never seemed to stick them out. Now I just tell myself I'm going to do my best and make positive changes - it seems to work much better!
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It didnt sink in until today! I am back on track and ready to get back on track. Lets see how this week goes.