Is there anything wrong with working out every day

Options
I do different activities....bootcamp, body attack, body pump, boxing and running....am I over doing it?

Replies

• jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I try and work out in a different way every day.... that way I stay focused but give parts of my aging old body time to recover before I attack it again :):flowerforyou:
  • anonymousKel
    anonymousKel Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    wow with such a lot of weight lost achieved thats awesome good on ya
  • Keltinator
    Options
    I think as long as you're not running a marathon every day, you should be fine. Your body would let you know if it were really too much.
  • anonymousKel
    Options
    thanks getting a little heat from the hubby !! worried i'll make myself ill.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you're properly fueling your body and if you ever feel really worn out, take a day or two to recover.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I run 5-7 miles plus swim an hour, 6 days a week. I feel great . What is wrong with that????????
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    Options
    I think rest days are very important to give your body a break and your muscles time to recover. If you do insist on working out 7 days a week make sure you are eating enough protein and do some research on the symptoms of over training.
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you can handle it and not burn out then do it everyday. I do it when I feel I can, mostly everyday, but I take a day break when I feel my body needs to recover.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    recovery and rest are just as important as working out
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I walk (I have a bad knee so running is out) about 2 miles a day on average mostly on the beach (some days more, some alittle less) and swim about three days a week (I try to do more). I'm getting to the point if I don't do something every day, I greatly miss it!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    In My Opinion, if you are Enjoying Yourself, doing a Variety of activitys each day, getting the Results you want, and - MOST IMPORTANTLY! - other parts of your Life (relationships, Job Responsibilitys, School Work, etc) are Not Suffering, You are probably doing Ok.
  • ClareW23
    Options
    As long as you feel well and you're doing it for enjoyment why not? However, from a fat loss perspective there is only so much fat you can burn in a day, after that you're working against yourself if anything. I didn't realise this when I used to do classes as well as cycling to and from work, there wasn't a lot of point.

Last year I did 16+ hours of hard exercise a week plus easier walking, yoga, housework etc, never went more than two days without exercise and rarely more than one day. This year I've kept hard exercise down to 4 hours a week and I've had lazy spells but I'm actually not any fatter.

30 mins of exercise 5 times a week is great but the more you add on, the lesser the additional benefit, ie 10 hours a week won't be anywhere near double the benefit of 5 hours a week.

Also, could you get more sleep if you cut a couple of classes? IMO sleep is the most undervalued element of fat loss.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have worked out almost every single day since April (not on days I've been traveling for vacation,etc). The only thing is that my period has been way off and it's kind of stopped...
  • Chrisswa
    Options
    Not in my mind !! I workout every day maybe not the Attack part but i do BodyVive RPM Boot etc
  • anonymousKel
    Options
    thanks all I'm loving exercising I do rest Friday and run at weekend as we have a weekend hols home. Hubby usually at golf so thats fine its just the week he gets a bit bored. But guess what ...he is looking into a local gym for himself so whey hey. Watch this space.