if i had some i would eat it.
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't, just eat less!
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My advice for what it's worth is never ever ever eat chocolate. If you don't eat it at all the cravings will go away, I promise. I know that the other posters who advise you to eat a little bit are acting in good faith telling you what works for them but there are some of us for whom that does not work- a little bit sets up dreadful cravings. I feel much better since I gave it up completely. Tonight I went to the cinema with a friend and she texted me in advance to know if I would like her to get me a chocolate bar. I asked her not to and explained to her that I would crave another for the rest of the evening and possibly would not enjoy the film because of it and I also reminded her that we could get 2 vodkas for the price ( calorie wise ) of one chocolate bar. I enjoyed the film ( Anne Karenina) and the two vodkas, which we had after it ( I am not addicted to alcohol thank goodness and do not crave another ) have given me enough of a buzz to make this post. Best of luck with whatever you choose but doing without works for me. I haven't had any for months.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    The people on here who say "just have a little bit" must not be sugar addicts. Otherwise, that advice is like saying to an alcoholic "just have a drink or two and then quit". I like the chocolate almond milk suggestions, and the chocolate covered almonds, and the person with the homeade chocolate recipe. But really, if I could stop at one square of chocolate, I wouldnt be trying to lose 80 pounds for my entire life. :)

Real dark chocolate isn't that sugary. A yogurt has way more sugar than a piece of dark chocolate does.
  • HMToomey
    Options
    I just make chocolate milk or drizzle a little chocolate syrup on an orange or banana. There are days when I'm PMSing that I could kill for chocolate and chocolate syrup becomes the life saver of humanity! Just make sure you measure it out and log it, 2 tablespoons is 100 calories and that goes a long way! You shouldn't deprive yourself of anything you can have what you want but make the best choices for you! Most of us on here are trying to change our life and I couldn't imagine never eating chocolate again for the rest of my life!

Enjoy!
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Get the choc yogurt mentioned above or something similar.

I know if I *can't* have something...I will want even more...so I don't avoid anything 100%. Just moderation or trying to find a lower calorie substitute.

:-)
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I was on a huge chocolate/brownie kick the last few days. I finally gave in and had a medium brownie batter blizzard.

It made me so sick and full, I no longer want chocolate. :(
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am having the worst time with staying away from chocolate. I manage to stay under my calories for the day by doing extra exercises to earn extra calories but it seems all I'm eating is junk food. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some yummy/healthy food substitutes for chocolate. I have tried the sugar free chocolates and the carabo (fake) chocolates but I am not fond of either of them. If there is anyone out there that has struggled with this craving and beat it, I would love to hear how you did it. I'M ALL EARS!!!
    Here is a recipe for indulgent brownies, and there are only two ingredients: brownie mix and one can of Diet Dr Pepper!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=430592

I've tried it before and it's yum-o! I don't recommend adding the walnuts; they just sink to the bottom of the pan. And you may have to cook it a bit longer than the recipe calls for, but I think you'll be pleased with the results.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I was on a huge chocolate/brownie kick the last few days. I finally gave in and had a medium brownie batter blizzard.

Thanks, now I want a Blizzard. LOL
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options

DQ's mini-blizzards can be a wonderful thing when the kids want a blizzard at DQ and I just "have" to have some. LOL.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate!!!
  • Josette89
    Options
    i an the same insane cravings. Chocolate is not unhealthy for you. It is the milk that usually comes in it. Just get a high percentage of chocolate. I LOVE the 70% and up Chocolate. Really Dark and really yummy.
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Seriously. Get dark chocolate and allow yourself room for a little bit. give in to the craving!

^^ this! 2 squares of dark chocolate are chock full of antioxidants and will curb the craving and leave you feeling satisfied. I was never a fan of dark chocolate till I started eating healthy and learned of the benefits of dark chocolate. I now prefer it over milk chocolate, which has redefined my lifelong love affair with Hershey's bars and Reese cups lol

Trader Joe's super dark chocolate is excellent....and that's from someone who thought fun size Milky Way bars were a food group.
  • bmeyer5726
    Options
    I do the almond milk and chocolate protein powder. Alot of the time I will also add a banana. Obviously it tastes like a chocolate covered banana. SOOOOOOO YUMMY! Low calories, filling, and cures the sweet!! :)
  • cheapwife12
    Options
    Every week choose one day to eat chocolate. I don't believe in total elimination of food especially chocolate. :-)
  • andeehrdz
    andeehrdz Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like doing a sqaure of whatever chocolate is around and a cup of mint tea. Sometimes I even set it up like a date. I'll save the chocolate for when I have time to brew myself some tea and when I finally get to sit down and enjoy it, it feels like such a treat!

xoxo
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I either just have a normal bar of chocolate and fit it in, since I workout almost everyday pretty hard.
    Or I have some chocolate philadelphia on a piece of sprouted wheat bread, which is really, really tasty. You could even eat the chocolate philadelphia by itself since it tastes so nice. Processed food, yes, but it is a good enough substitute for me as I tend to crave milk chocolate during certain times of the month. Another option is a low calorie hot chocolate, I have green and black's organic hot chocolate every evening before bed. You can also get chocolate whey protein ice cream, which at least gives you some protein to boot.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have hot chocolate available for chocolate cravings.
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a bit of a chocoholic too. You can do 1 of 3 things as mentioned
    1. Eat high percentage cocoa good quality chocolate. Make sure minimum 70%.
    2. Try some of these healthy recipes mentioned in the thread (some of which i'm sure are low sugar/GI)
    3. Have a low GI diet/low carb diet which will actually kick the cravings as you are not getting the extreme sugar highs/low that are causing your cravings and prob affect your mood also.

I do the 3rd which has actually kicked my chocolate cravings. I still have a small amount of cocoa/chocolate but when I want to not when the chocolate seems to be calling out to me :)
  • tdrusk
    tdrusk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I work out and my treat is one of those small dove chocolate hearts. I think they are about 30 calories and satisfy.