"A New Me" Group's January Food Challenge

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,597 Member
For the month of January, our food challenge is to keep our total percentage of fat calories at 30 percent or less EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    UGH I can only consume 1 more gram for the day and I'm puzzled as to how I will achieve this.....

Any suggestions are welcomed!
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm in - now let me go check and see.

Katie L - I'll try and stop to see what you have eaten today and see if I can offer any tips :flowerforyou:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Katie L - I stopped over but didn't have the option to view your food log - but I did see that we aren't friends yet so I sent you a request. :flowerforyou:

As for me, I still have 15 grams of fat remaining for today and 583 calories left to consume....not so sure what I am going to eat to meet my calories for the day.
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I didn't realize my diary was private (must be the default setting) I have now made it public so now I'll feel even more accountable knowing that you all can look at what I eat! :wink:

I ended up eating leftovers and although I DID go over in the fat it was only by a few grams. But now I'm in the situation where I have a couple hundred more calories to consume but I can't think of anything I could eat??? What a day!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    bump
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i have mine set at 20% already so i SHOULD be ok lol
  • PJilly
    Options
    January 1

Jill: 1 day below 30% (22%)

(Formula: Total Fat Grams x 9 ÷ Total Calories = Percentage of Calories from Fat.)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    January 1

Katie L: 1 day BARELY below 30% (29% - unless my math was wrong)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Way to go Jill on staying under 25% for fat! YAY! :drinker:

So far for today I've added the base of what I'll eat, but until I get to the gym and see how much cals I actually burn I can't add them and then the subsequent food I'll need to consume afterwards. Do you always eat back ALL of your exercise cals? I know this is a touchy subject here on MFP but I'm just curious as to what works for others.
  • PJilly
    Options
    I eat every single exercise calorie. I earned those, darn it! :happy:
  • PJilly
    Options
    January 1

I hate to tell you, but your math was wrong (42 x 9 ÷ 1,031 = 37%).
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    LOL Jill - its not my math is was the actual calculation/formula I used???? IDk what the heck I was thinking. Oh well, I planned for today so I'm on point for Day 2 of this!
  • PJilly
    Options
    LOL Jill - its not my math is was the actual calculation/formula I used???? IDk what the heck I was thinking. Oh well, I planned for today so I'm on point for Day 2 of this!
    Planning is the key. Good job! :happy:
  • PJilly
    Options
    January 2

Jill: 2 days below 30% (27% today)
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    January 2

Jill: 2 days below 30% (27% today)
    Katie L: 1 day below 30%

I'm OBVIOUSLY not good with math so I won't try and give my actual percentage but I still had 7 grams of fat that I didn't consume with the setting at 25% for fat. YAY FOR ME! :wink:
  • PJilly
    Options
    January 3

Jill: 3 days below 30%
    Katie L: 1 day below 30%
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    January 3

Jill: 3 days below 30%
    Katie L: 2 days below 30%

YAY :wink:

Jill - Are we the only ones doing this? If so oh well but I've really been feeling good about not consuming as much fat. Hopefully my belly will soon be looking like yours! :happy:
  • PJilly
    Options
    Excellent job! Not sure if we'll end up being the only ones, but that's OK if we are. It's cool, too, if others want to join in. :happy:
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    I was trying to keep up with you ladies - but I'm using my own food challenge of simply making sure I log all my foods every day. I know everyone else is probably used to that. After falling off the wagon, I wouldn't consider logging for a few months - so I'm very proud of my new found motivation! I won't be doing the fat content challenge, but I will cheer you guys on! Go Jill and Katie, go go go! :flowerforyou: (pretend the flower is a pom-pom) :laugh:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I forgot we had these challenges! and it's probably because today is my first day logging!! i was lazy this past weekend! but all better now! I'm going to attempt this with you guys! I set mine to 25%, thinking it would be easy! but it's not! I'm already over today! and the main cause seems to be eggs( i can't stand just egg whites!) and nuts. any suggestions?
    i will log today as my 1st day when its over, maybe i'll exercise some more to try and gain some fat back! well, you know what i mean!