Replies

• LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I weigh mine after.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine before - I have a scale that automatically deducts the weight of the plate that I'm putting the meat on just for this purpose. Even if some of that weight is fat that gets melted out, it gets calculated in. I'd rather be overshooting my count of calories rather than be under.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I have a friend do it.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I weight everything raw, and log it as raw. Anything I add for cooking (oil/spices/marinades etc) I add separately.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    what if your recording the calories for grilled chicken or grilled steak not raw

That depends. Are you eating a grilled chicken breast? Your average chicken breast weighs 4oz, so use that to estimate. MOST foods will have a standard average weight, so it should be fairly easy to guess those.

Not sure on your steak? Well, I guess you'll have to weigh that and go from there.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    Does it really matter? What if you cooked it, weighed the cooked meat to weigh the same as if it was raw?

Meat doesn't weigh the same after cooking as it does raw.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    If you log is as raw meat, you use the raw weight. If you log it as cooked meat, you use the cooked weight. Capice?
  • shelbyfrootcake
    Options
    If you log is as raw meat, you use the raw weight. If you log it as cooked meat, you use the cooked weight. Capice?

You're a bloody maverick. A maverick I tell you!