Per exercise calorie burned

Options
I am trying to find a website or tool that I can use to figure out how many calories are burned per amount of exercise performed. ie...50 jumping jacks instead of 15 minutes doing jumping jacks.

I have a list of different exercises that takes me about 30-35 minutes doing various things. Squats, lunges, jumping jacks ect. But can't find anywhere to look up calories burned for different things.

Any help or ideas?

Thanks
Laurie

Replies

• shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't know how accurate this is, but months & months ago I was given this as a guide to burning 100 calories:
    40 jumping jacks,
    30 crunches
    20 squats
    10 pushups

So if that is accurate, it seems to be 1cal per movement. Although I tend to err on the side of cauction and half it to 0.5cal per movement :)
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    What I've found is that, generally, if it's vigorous exercise, it's about 100 calories per 10 minutes, give or take. When I do circuit training (what you are describing) I burn around 300 calories for 30 minutes....a little less, actually, at my current weight. So that's the general rule I use for most of my work outs.
  • kareinlib
    Options
    What I've found is that, generally, if it's vigorous exercise, it's about 100 calories per 10 minutes, give or take. When I do circuit training (what you are describing) I burn around 300 calories for 30 minutes....a little less, actually, at my current weight. So that's the general rule I use for most of my work outs.

^^ exactly. I go by about 100 calories per 10 minutes of rigorous exercise.

Have you considered getting a heart rate monitor that monitors calories? It might be a good idea if you're looking into it that much.
  • academy73
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies! I'll figure the 100 cal per 10 min estimate :)