A break from exercise?

Options
So it's New Year's Day and I really don't want to exercise. I did 30 day Shred and walk/ran Monday through Thursday of this week so I figure there is nothing wrong with dedicating the day to nothing but football and relaxing with friends. So why do I feel like I am somehow cheating myself? I didn't eat so great last night at the New Year's dinner party I attended... am I feeling guilty? I'm worried that by missing one day of exercise I might fall off the bandwagon and revert to my old ways. I am new to MFP (like a week and a half) and considering I started right before Christmas and have so far maintained my weight (did a quick check on the scale a day ago but am weighing in for real tomorrow- Saturday) I am quite proud and look forward to the coming weeks. So when will I get over this feeling that if I miss a day of exercise I will never get back into it???
Melissa

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Normally I would say...take a day, it's no big deal, but I think January 1st is a very important day for setting the tone of the next little while, so I would say get in some exercise today. A half hour workout won't take away from your day, and you'll feel that much better for doing it.
  • melissahager
    Options
    That's a fabulous point. I am going to do my Shred- which is only 20 minutes- to burn a few calories. And tomorrow when I weigh and measure I will feel more confident!
    Thanks!
    Melissa