A little NSV with a cool reward

Back in February I went to my first concert to see my favorite band, Flogging Molly. I bought myself a tour tee shirt even though it was way to small to wear. The shirt I bought was a 3xl and my size at the time was a 6xl.

Flogging Molly was back in town yesterday to play at the Weenie Roast in Charlotte. As I was on my way out the door I thought about the shirt and decided to try it on. I really didn't think it would fit at all but to my surprise i was able to get it on. It was a bit snug but fit okay. Even three months earlier i wouldn't have been able to pull it over my head. That's my little victory.

The concert itself was awesome and I had a great time. This time I bought a ticket for down in front in the mosh pit. With the exception of sitting down between bands, I stood in the pit for about eleven hours yesterday. Even though my feet and legs were pretty tired in the end, there's no way I would have been able to do that a couple months earlier. Another little victory.

For Flogging Molly's set I was center stage four rows back. Maybe a total of fifteen feet from the band. I don't know if that is a victory or a reward, maybe a little bit of both. Whatever it was, it was something I wouldn't have been able to experience a few short months ago.

The final band of the evening was the Offspring. While they were performing, Nathan Maxwell of Flogging Molly snuck down into the pit to watch the show. Once the show was over everyone was filing out. A couple people stopped getting photos taken with Mr. Maxwell. As I was walking by I pointed at him and mouthed, "Great Show". He replied by pointing back at me, then doing a swirl at his chest, and giving me a thumbs up. It wasn't much but I thought it was pretty cool and added yet another highlight in a day filled with them.

I realize it may be stretching it to call some of these as NSV's. IMO, the weight and inches I've lost are insignificant compared to the renewed sense of optimism I have been feeling since I started this journey. For the first time in my memory, I have an optimistic view of my future and am excited to see where I end up.

Thanks to everyone who posts their NSVs ans success stories. I use them daily for motivation and hope others get the same out of the ones I post.

Replies

• tweetie781
    tweetie781 Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome NSV! Your hard work is really paying off!
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    I love this! You should be so proud of yourself :) Glad you had an awesome time! Keep it up!!!
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    congrats!
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    thats awesome!! great NSV!!! keep up the great work!!
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    GREAT... good for you...
  • The thing about NSV's is they are YOURS. Enjoy them and feel proud of yourself!! You earned it!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    EACH ONE OF THOSE IS A HUGE NSV!! Congrats on your success and keep going! The sky is the limit for you. Keep going!
  • That's great! You should be so proud! I think it is wonderful that you now have a positive attitude!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    That is awesome! Way to go and keep it up!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    I think that's great!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Sounds like a super fun night, sounds like your glad you went! Keep up your hard work!
  • FitGma63
    FitGma63 Posts: 17 Member
    I love this!! I hope you have many celebrations along your journey.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Back in February I went to my first concert to see my favorite band, Flogging Molly. I bought myself a tour tee shirt even though it was way to small to wear. The shirt I bought was a 3xl and my size at the time was a 6xl.

Flogging Molly was back in town yesterday to play at the Weenie Roast in Charlotte. As I was on my way out the door I thought about the shirt and decided to try it on. I really didn't think it would fit at all but to my surprise i was able to get it on. It was a bit snug but fit okay. Even three months earlier i wouldn't have been able to pull it over my head. That's my little victory.

The concert itself was awesome and I had a great time. This time I bought a ticket for down in front in the mosh pit. With the exception of sitting down between bands, I stood in the pit for about eleven hours yesterday. Even though my feet and legs were pretty tired in the end, there's no way I would have been able to do that a couple months earlier. Another little victory.

For Flogging Molly's set I was center stage four rows back. Maybe a total of fifteen feet from the band. I don't know if that is a victory or a reward, maybe a little bit of both. Whatever it was, it was something I wouldn't have been able to experience a few short months ago.

The final band of the evening was the Offspring. While they were performing, Nathan Maxwell of Flogging Molly snuck down into the pit to watch the show. Once the show was over everyone was filing out. A couple people stopped getting photos taken with Mr. Maxwell. As I was walking by I pointed at him and mouthed, "Great Show". He replied by pointing back at me, then doing a swirl at his chest, and giving me a thumbs up. It wasn't much but I thought it was pretty cool and added yet another highlight in a day filled with them.

I realize it may be stretching it to call some of these as NSV's. IMO, the weight and inches I've lost are insignificant compared to the renewed sense of optimism I have been feeling since I started this journey. For the first time in my memory, I have an optimistic view of my future and am excited to see where I end up.

Thanks to everyone who posts their NSVs ans success stories. I use them daily for motivation and hope others get the same out of the ones I post.

Hey there my fellow Charlottean!! (waves hello!) :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the NSV, they make it possible to keep on keepin' on.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member

Hey there my fellow Charlottean!! (waves hello!) :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the NSV, they make it possible to keep on keepin' on.

Oh wait I see from your profile you're up the road in Concord. That's cool, I used to live there too :wink:
  • It's amazing how getting healthier in body can also get you healthier in mind and spirit! Your renewed outlook is wonderful and such a great reward for your hard work. Keep it up!

You are an inspiration to me! I have a ways to go but I know if I just keep taking small steps eventually I will get to my goal!
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    wooooo!! awesome!!
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    All of your special moments definitely qualify as NSVs! Be so proud of all you have accomplished and enjoy the show!
  • tigerlinly
    tigerlinly Posts: 219 Member
    hey i know how u feel that how i reacted wheni went shoppingthis afternoon with the money my parent gave me for my birthday. non thought i was stretching it when i bought 2 bathing suits in a 1x large but dang it i'm determined to be back in at least an 1 x (if not smaller) by then
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Dude, there's nothing little in the victory of living a more normal life and getting to enjoy the things you want to. Keep chipping away and celebrate those successes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!