Fresh start with a side of crazy

nicandjim0315
nicandjim0315 Posts: 11
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
:devil: Well I am welcoming in 2010 in a healthy way, well atleast trying to. I have some champagne and fruit in the fridge calling to me, But I am trying and "trying" being the key word here, not to have it. I am 26, a house wife and mother. I had my daughter about 9 months ago, shed most of the weight, with about 15 more pounds to go, but not working and being stressed, I find myself wanting to eat ALL THE TIME!!!!!! My husband says he loves my new figure, considering I am 5'8 and 145 pounds, which does'nt sound bad but before my daughter i was in control and a VERY skinny 120-127 pounds. I hear I am crazy and that I look fine and that may be but my head is saying something completley diffrent. Now I dont want to be stick thin but I want to feel comfortable in my new body and shape. My parents are on this diet kick, calorie counting phaze and they are completly annoying to be around lol but a part of me wishes iIwas like that again, but slightly less annoying. I just dont want to add any more annoyances to my life. I made a resolution to be more patient and to be nice, but when I am hungry watch out! adding to lack of sleep AHHHH I know I am not alone in this!:explode:

Replies

• mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Hey,

I am sorry you are felling stressed. Motherhood is a full time job. Do you nap when your daughter is napping? If you are still a nursing mama then you really do need more food. Can your baby take a little cereal at night before you put her to bed? Maybe that would help her sleep a little longer. But I can totally relate, my two are 15 months apart and it seemed like they had a pact that one of them would wake me up at night, thankfully my husband was willing to help me out. (I'm still a grouch if I don't get my sleep and my children are your age).

Hang in there she will be sleeping through the night before you know it.
  • mbowen
    mbowen Posts: 16
    Hi. I too am in the same place as you. Being a stay at home mom is stressful especially if we don't get out much to have a few laughs with friends. Exercise can be a great way of relieving stress. I exercise when my daughter is napping and feel so much happier and less stressed. I calorie count, but I try not to mention it. I do sometimes to friends who want to lose weight, but it does annoy people sometimes. I have drinks or wine occasionally and it has not impacted my weight loss, so I think it is okay if you have champagne for the new year! I found that the last lbs come off the slowest, so don't give up. Set small goals. My goal was 110, which I finally reached. Now if I lose more than that it is just an added bonus! Good Luck to you!
  • Well I had a unexpected event with my daughter Isabella, She was born with severe sleep apnea and she had surgery at 10 weeks old and we were in the hospital for about 15 days, so when i stress I eat, plus I was so upset and depressed, i was thinking i was going to have a regular "new mom experience" instead i got sleep moniters for her breathing. Luckly she is off everything and she is breathing normally now. And I am not breastfeeding she had a too small a jaw so there was no suction, so wine and champagne are free game. I dont and wont over do it though! Maybe if one of our parents come to relieve me of my duities for a few days! :)
    I have been giving her more food before bed and i have been trying to keep her up a little later so she'll sleep threw the night. Her naps though, lol are about an hour and a half if im lucky! So as soon as I do exercise, its like she knows! Also my parents live in NJ and I am in MD so Its all me. This is great though being able to talk to women who understand. i have a few friends here but they are still partying and going out all night and thats just not me anymore! i have Been doing Wii Fit. Can you add that to your exercise routine on here? thanks so much though for the advice!!!
This discussion has been closed.