Weight vs. Clothing Size

Options
13»

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Ok see I am 240 and a loose size 18. I am agreeing with almost everyone above me. Let me tell you a story or two :)

I work at a women's gym facility. I was telling people how I can almost fit into a 16 and one of my members spoke up and said "how much do you weigh again?" I said 243 (at the time) and she said she couldn't understand why she was 201 and was still wearing a 20-22. I explained to her that not only is she a lot shorter than I am (shes 5'1 and I am 5'6) but I strength train like a m-fer. So I know I have a more muscular core than she does.

Second story; Just happened yesterday; I was announcing (ok bragging just a little bit) that I had lost 90 pounds. One of my members comes up to my desk and says "can I ask you how much you weigh again?" Me, not having a problem with my weight anymore proudly said 240. Her eyes went wide and she exlaimed THERES NO WAY! She is about 5'6 and a half and she holds her weight to where she wears a size 20 and shes only 220 pounds.

Everyone holds their weight differently.

Check out this website. After discovering it in another post I have a better realization of what women "my size" look like.

mybodygallery.com

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Thanks for posting this FANTASTIC webpage: http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It's composition!

Some friends and I were chatting a while back and my one friend says, how can someone who weighs 190 pounds wear a size 12, I'm 163 and I can't even get my leg in a size 12. I said, I weigh 180 and these shorts are a size 12, to which another friend's jaw dropped and she exclaimed, they are even kind of big, and there is no way you weigh that much. All 3 of us are 5 foot 5 in. I have an athletic build and large bones, my friend doesn't.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Its also muscle mass as well, someone can weight just as much as you, and same height but could wear something smaller due to muscle mass. Just like a small person vs a muscular small person, smal person weight 130 in a size 6, muscular small person 130 size 2....

This, I agree with this answer.