Gastritis! Unable to eat

Options
Hi everyone,
Was wondering if any of you have been diagnosed with gastritis? I've had it several times before, but this is the first time I'm losing *too much* weight from it and not taking in anything nutritious. My trigger foods are anything acidic, citrus, fatty, greasy, dairy, raw produce, or eating too much at once. Also cannot combine food and drink. In addition, I have IBS and GERD. Please help :( Any advice on getting proper nutrition without pain would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Is there no available cure?
  • lindsabe11e
    Options
    Yea, unfortunately there is not much doctors can do. It's basically inflammation of the stomach lining and mine is chronic with flare-ups due to either anxiety or poor food choices (alcohol and medications can cause it too).
  • littlebecc
    Options
    Hey,
    I've got chronic gastritus- was diagnosed last October when i kind of ended up in hospital because the pain was so bad and I had no idea what it was. It's horrible and i've been in and out of different tests all coming back negative. Right now i'm on Nexium(it's a pill) that I take daily and it's the only thing that helps me with the stomach pain and also the chest burning.

I've been to a naturopath also and turns out wheat, barley and a few more grains besides rye don't sit with me, also i've cut out dairy completely and I'm a vegetarian. Maybe try cutting out red meat as it can be acidic in the body. Also alcohol always makes me feel like crap but I still drink it as i'm in my 20's and that's what we do haha....but at least I know what the consequences are

It's really hard when you're constantly in pain I know. I'm not into medication I prefer a holistic approach but may i suggest going to the doctor and asking for it. It's the only thing that's worked for me. My doctor says stay on it for two months and then go off it and see if there's still troubles. If there is- an endoscopy should find out the problem. I also take a good bacteria powder every morning. Steamed veggies when my stomach hurts works well....but to be honest when I feel that crap I just don't eat because I feel like it's my body telling me it doesn't want food.

Sorry this is so long haha, let me know if you have any more questions on it. All i know is i feel your pain haha.