Losing 10 pounds by November possible?

I'm a girl, 18 (almost 19) years old and I'm about 5'3" - 5'4". I weigh 141 pounds and my body fat (according to Fat2Fit is about 29%. I want to lose 10 pounds by the start of November, or at least SOME weight, because of an event I have going on. And I want to lose 20 - 25 pounds total, or reduce my body fat to 20%. I hope to get it down to about 24% by next May as I have an event I (possibly) want to wear a bikini for.

I used Fat2Fit ratio to find out how many calories I should eat and it says to eat about 2100 calories.

I used this site: http://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator to find out my TDEE and it's roughly 2300 - 2500. It varies per day because some days I'm more active than others. I used this site as well: http://scoobysworkshop.com/ and it says to eat about 1900 calories to lose weight. So I'm aiming for 1800 - 2000 a day.

I exercise 5 days a week. Monday, wednesday and Friday being a circuit of cardio and strength training. 3 minutes on cardio, then I do some strength exercises (taking turns on muscle groups) and then I repeat. It's 30 minutes of cardio and 40 - 50 minutes of strength training. Tuesday and Thursday I do 30 minutes of pretty intense cardio. I'm also looking into pilates.

Besides exercise, I usually spend an hour or more a day cleaning (mostly sweeping my front and back yard) and/or walking around in my back yard. I'm active a good portion of the day. I always make sure I get about 90 minutes of activity a day.

For my diet, I usually eat whole grain toast or healthy cereal for breakfast with some fruit and light yogurt on the side. Lunch is usually meat with vegetables, with some hard boiled eggs, nuts, or peanut butter to go with it. Dinner is always a salad and a decent sized portion of chicken. I give myself a small treat once every two weeks or so. I drink green eat (with no sugar) and more than 8 glasses of water a day.

Could I lose 10 pounds, or an inch or so by the first week of November? I have an event coming up....

PS. I get the 2000 calories thing from reading "In Place Of A Road Map" by Helloitsdan. I recommend that to anyone.

Replies

• Bump :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    i think if you are just starting your weight loss, and you drink soda or alcohol, or eat a lot of fast food, you might be able to lose that much weight in that time, if you give up the bad habit. Othewise, no, I don't think you could lose that much weight that fast.
  • jrwhite67
    jrwhite67 Posts: 2 Member
    2100 Calories a day seems like a lot unless you walk around ALL day long. I would cut out as much grains and sugary-carbs as you can (soda, bread, chips, etc.) and eat lots of protein and vegetables. Cutting back on salt will also help with reducing water weight. 10 lbs will shed off pretty quickly if you can do that.
  • Bump again :(