Here is the issue tonight..

Okay, so first things first. I'm going to the doctor for this in a couple of days I was just wondering what I can do to make it a bit easier on me til then..

Issue: I am starving but when I try to eat something you can hear my stomach grumble trying to digest the food and I get very nauseated and it's very painful. Like I said.. I'm very hungry and I don't want to starve myself, but then again, I don't want to be bed ridden after eating one meal.

Replies

• Can you drink juice or anything like that?
  • gangstaxkel
    gangstaxkel Posts: 47 Member
    We don't have juice in the house, and I normally don't drink juice anyway.
  • sounds like a something is not working right, did you have alot of dairy? or any new food?
    Sometimes if i go off carbs then eat a bunch i get this.

Try reducing things each day see whats causing it.
  • gangstaxkel
    sounds like a something is not working right, did you have alot of dairy? or any new food?
    Sometimes if i go off carbs then eat a bunch i get this.

Try reducing things each day see whats causing it.

Nope, nothing has changed! I've been eating like this for a couple months now and I'm just now noticing any sign of trouble.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Does it happen when you digest anything - including water? I had a friend who has a medical condition in where part of her intestines don't work. Not trying to scare you...but, definitely see a doctor. There could be a blockage or maybe your body has become intolerant to certain things.
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    I don't recommend that you stop eating anything that you have been eating, as the doctor may want to run some tests. However, it certainly could help a lot if you were to not only keep a food diary (you can use this one here and print the page for each day until you see your Dr.) but also keep a record of WHEN this happens, so perhaps a pattern can emerge. For example: if you are sensitive or becoming allergic to something, this would likely happen within a certain amount of time after eating it, so you should note the food, time eaten, and when you start feeling these symptoms you mention, and when they stop, if they do. Good luck!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    What do you normally eat, and when did your stomach problems first appear?

In the meantime, try drinking chicken or vegetable broth.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    How about yogurt or kefir? I was having pain whenever I ate for a while and the probiotics in kefir seems to really help me. You should really get to a doctor soon.
  • gangstaxkel
    Does it happen when you digest anything - including water? I had a friend who has a medical condition in where part of her intestines don't work. Not trying to scare you...but, definitely see a doctor. There could be a blockage or maybe your body has become intolerant to certain things.

I get a bloated feeling if I try to digest anything. ):
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    One more thing--if you start vomiting when you eat, and there is pain in your abdomen, it could be a blockage in your intestine, or a twist, that needs to be seen right away. That is a medical emergency, so don't hesitate if this worsens to such a degree. Again, good luck!
  • gangstaxkel
    What do you normally eat, and when did your stomach problems first appear?

In the meantime, try drinking chicken or vegetable broth.

I eat cereal for breakfast. lactaid milk (lactose intolerant), I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I try to be as clean as possible.
  • that is odd,

Try some simple stuff if your struggling

when i was a kid and ill, my mum would make soft boiled eggs chopped up in a cup with some butter and a slice of toast. Still does since i moved back haha
    gets you some of the good stuff and add some lucozade and you should be ok until the doc finds the problem or it sorts itself
  • Try eating carbs & protein together. It will keep you from being so hungry and give you something to not growl about.
  • gangstaxkel
    One more thing--if you start vomiting when you eat, and there is pain in your abdomen, it could be a blockage in your intestine, or a twist, that needs to be seen right away. That is a medical emergency, so don't hesitate if this worsens to such a degree. Again, good luck!

I've yet to vomit, but I do have pain in my abdomen and a "full feeling" (bloating), like someone is standing on my stomach.
  • gangstaxkel
    Try eating carbs & protein together. It will keep you from being so hungry and give you something to not growl about.

It doesn't growl cause I'm hungry. If I eat anything about 5 min after finishing the meal I can feel my stomach trying to digest it and you can hear it. My parents make comments on how loud it is.
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Wow, your symptoms sounds exactly like a friend of mine who just got diagnosed with gastroparesis after being sick for years. She had ad immediate feeling of fullness when she ate any amount even though she was still hungry along with nausea and severe abdominal pain. It progressed to the point that she now goes months where she gets violently ill (severe pain, vomiting, bed ridden) if she eats anything then she will get a few weeks to a month of relief where she is totally fine. They are trying her on different meds.

Anyway, it could be a number of things. I just wanted you to be aware of that one b/c it took them 4 years to diagnose her. They just kept writing her off. They are not used to seeing her disease in a young, healthy, thin, non-diabetic person.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 559 Member
    I've yet to vomit, but I do have pain in my abdomen and a "full feeling" (bloating), like someone is standing on my stomach.

You may want to visit the doctor sooner rather than later.
  • gangstaxkel
    Wow, your symptoms sounds exactly like a friend of mine who just got diagnosed with gastroparesis after being sick for years. She had ad immediate feeling of fullness when she ate any amount even though she was still hungry along with nausea and severe abdominal pain. It progressed to the point that she now goes months where she gets violently ill (severe pain, vomiting, bed ridden) if she eats anything then she will get a few weeks to a month of relief where she is totally fine. They are trying her on different meds.

Anyway, it could be a number of things. I just wanted you to be aware of that one b/c it took them 4 years to diagnose her. They just kept writing her off. They are not used to seeing her disease in a young, healthy, thin, non-diabetic person.

Ugh, I'm really scared right now. ): Is it bad that I don't have normal bowel movements..
  • jrwhite67
    jrwhite67 Posts: 2 Member
    Are you drinking plenty of water with your food? Digesting sounds are much different than hunger sounds. Has this been going on your whole life or just recently?
  • gangstaxkel
    Are you drinking plenty of water with your food? Digesting sounds are much different than hunger sounds. Has this been going on your whole life or just recently?

Yes, I drink plenty of water. It's been happening quite recently.