9 Months, Don't Feel Different - 61 Lbs Down

Options
Hey everyone, never posted in the forums before but I've been on MFP for a long time.
I started my journey in January at 427(possibly higher as 427 was a month before I started).
I don't exactly feel 100% yet because of stress but I can do a lot more!
Now I'm down to 369.
Still got a long way to go but just wanted to post a small success story.
I've had a lot of stress the past 5 years with regards to my family. I sort of taken on the roll of breadwinner and it's been rough working sometimes 12-16 hours/day 7 days a week but it's all been worth it.

So what I'm trying to say, even if you think you can't change because of limited time or stress, it's possible. 1 hour is only 4% of your day, so use it!
Feel like I've not lost anything(still need to get to 250).
a6Ym9.jpg

Got a before/after, with the before just being 3 months ago at 380. I got a before from February of me at 415 but need to find it somewhere.

The hardest part I think has been the food, I have no problem going to the gym 6 days a week because I love it. Cardio not so much but I do it anyway but 6 days of lifting is great. Got my bodyfat tested electronically and I've got 247lbs of lean muscle mass which is awesome. This was at 374, so I must of had a lot more at 430 haha. Goal is 250 because I want to get to 10% bodyfat at 250 and I'm 6'5''

Replies

• Monicapierce
    Monicapierce Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good job! 61 pounds is a big deal, that is amazing! And I can definitely see it.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Young and successful in career, what else you can ask for? Health of course. You are going the right direction, keep up the cardio, it helps. Still have to work on food intake if you are not looking closely at it. But you certainly look different in the photo!
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Young and successful in career, what else you can ask for? Health of course. You are going the right direction, keep up the cardio, it helps. Still have to work on food intake if you are not looking closely at it. But you certainly look different in the photo!
    I log all of my calories daily, between 1500-1900 per day. Never any more or less.
    Hardest part about food for me has just been choosing good over bad(easy to make).
    Cut all soda/sugary drinks/fast food.

Young and somewhat successful haha, I don't consider myself successful until I've reached a networth of low 8 figures.
  • zozie73
    Options
    Good job! 61 pounds is a big deal, that is amazing! And I can definitely see it.

So can I, you now have a chin.
    Keep up the hard and good work and you will get where you want to be.
  • Kali_Dreams
    Options
    Good job! Bless u! U can do it
  • thescottishone
    thescottishone Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Brilliant job so far! you can definitely see a difference in you. fantastic. keep on logging on and keep up the great work!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You have done so well, can see a massive change around your chin and neck. Great work, keep at it. Thanks for sharing your story so far.
  • MattBoySlim
    MattBoySlim Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well done,

60lbs is great going, I am almost matching you in the same time frame, I didnt notice any difference untill about 10lbs ago and then seem to have quickly dropped a shirt size over night you will wake up one day and realise just what you have accomplished.

One thing I have found with excercise is that I actually find it more fulfilling when it has a purpose, ie I try to cycle to work which gives me 1hr 30mins cardio, but only adds around 20mins to my journey. I know you enjoy excercise but that gives me back 1hr 10mins every day and when your working long hours, thats a real bonus to get some extra down time.
  • BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well done,

60lbs is great going, I am almost matching you in the same time frame, I didnt notice any difference untill about 10lbs ago and then seem to have quickly dropped a shirt size over night you will wake up one day and realise just what you have accomplished.

One thing I have found with excercise is that I actually find it more fulfilling when it has a purpose, ie I try to cycle to work which gives me 1hr 30mins cardio, but only adds around 20mins to my journey. I know you enjoy excercise but that gives me back 1hr 10mins every day and when your working long hours, thats a real bonus to get some extra down time.

I still don't know what's up with my size, like I keep getting taller but none of my shirt's are any looser. Cannot fit into a 3xlt yet! Soon though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!