Not working hard enough

Options
Hey guys,
So I have been working out for ages. And I have been going to the gym for the past couple of months and I feel like I am not pushing myself enough, because doing what I have always done burns enough calories.
I usually do 30 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minutes on the Treadmill and 30 minutes on the Stationery bike, as well as weight exercises.
My question/request for help is how can I make myself work harder during that same amount of time? I feel like I want to work harder but then I think "Oh I burn enough calories anyway, so why push harder?" so I just stay at the same level and my fitness doesn't improve.
Thanks for any tips or tricks you may have to offer. :)

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When on the treadmill etc , why not try hi impact interval training? You will definitely work much harder, burn more cals and you could Reduce the amount of the time you spend exercising. On the treadmill try alternating one minute of walking say about 3.5 then running like mad at about 7.0 miles an hour.
    I love HIIT :smile:

Edited for typos
  • IshaAnderson18
    IshaAnderson18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I shall try it tomorrow, just gotta get the motivation to push myself! :)
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Spend an hour or so making up a “mix tape” of your favourite kickarse music, really think about at what point you need a boost, and stick on a 7 minute track, one that you can just go for the burn and not notice it, as you are too busy rocking to the music. Follow that by a slower track where you can recover, and then another kicking track, and keep on doing that until you’ve a music collection for the gym. Play it loud and just before your kicking track is coming on, have a big drink of water, focus on a spot in the middle distance, and push it.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Do more weights and less cardio.

Make the cardio higher intensity such as intervals, sprinting or kettlebells and you can be out the gym in an hour instead of however long your spend in there now, which sounds way to long and you would have burn't more calories.