Can't seem to get this right

Options
I'm frustrated. I read all these success stories and feel lke a failure. I start off motivated lose some pounds and then nothing. I don't know what to eat or what exercises to do. It just doesn't seem to work for me. I really have no desire to resort to surgery (no offense to those that do - more power to them, since you have to do whats best for yourself and your situation). But at this point, I think I may just have tio resign myself to remaining the fat girl................................ :frown:

Sigh........

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hey there, For me the trick was sticking with it, even when the weightloss stops.. carry on.

Do you belong to a gym? if not maybe start with a walk every day?! What u think?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated. I read all these success stories and feel lke a failure. I start off motivated lose some pounds and then nothing. I don't know what to eat or what exercises to do. It just doesn't seem to work for me. I really have no desire to resort to surgery (no offense to those that do - more power to them, since you have to do whats best for yourself and your situation). But at this point, I think I may just have tio resign myself to remaining the fat girl................................ :frown:

Sigh........

Feel free to PM me and we can talk about a plan. As a long time member, who's also a certified personal trainer, and a mentor to hundreds of MFP success stories, I'd be glad to help you any way I can to get you in the right direction.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Add me if you need support. It aint easy . well done on loosing 9lb though. thats fab!!!!Dont be too hard on yourself
  • nadsazombie
    Options
    can i ask how long youve been at it???
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to make short term goals instead of 'by this time next year I want to have lost 40lbs'.

I've been losing weight after putting a lot on in pregnancy, so my first goal was to get back into a sundress (i had my baby last May) and then I wanted to get back into my jeans i'd bought just before getting pregnant with my 1st child in 2008. So then I got into them, and now they're loose, so my next goal is to get into some smaller jeans I have. If I'd aimed to get into the smaller jeans from the beginning I'd have been disappointed.

Also, I focus more on measurements than on weight. I now weigh slightly more than when I got married in 2008, but I'm smaller (except for the slight mummy tummy!). Some months when I get measured i've only lost like 2lbs, but i've lost lots of inches.

I'd suggest joining a gym and getting the staff to help with your exercise, or have a personal trainer if you can afford it.

You're welcome to add me as a friend. I'm not perfect, but I eat pretty well 95% of the time, and I do plenty of exercise.