Kids (:

Options
Just felt like making a post where we can talk about our kids and brag and share stories about our little ones, share memories etc (:
My little angel Alexi

358cbuv.jpg

Replies

• ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Oh, I'm also going to school to be a kindergarten teacher (: I love kids.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My kids are really better than other kids. Mostly beacuse folks around here tend to want to be their kids' friends..they give their kids a 'vote' on decisions and don't love their kids enough to make hard choices.

:)

That said -

My daughter Alaina, and son Ethan. Disciplined. Compassionate. Respectful. Couldn't be more-proud.

Alaina:
    http://d-mphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/alaina_winterportrait.jpg

Ethan:
    http://d-mphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/ethan_22LR_2.jpg
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have 3 girls (9, 8 and 6). They are my world. Being in the Army for 20 years I preach disapline and accountability to the all the time. While it seems that they don't get it when we are at home, everytime they are at a friends house, their parents always say how polite and nice they are. To me that's what is important. They take those values my wife and I have taught them and use them when we are not around.
    They are A & B students and very active in softball and cheer. They may not be the best at a certain subject at school or in their activies, but they try their hardest at all times and strive to get better. I couldn't be more proud.

I am a cheer dad!!!!
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My son is 18 and just about to start University here in the UK - he's taking Bioscience and I couldn't be more proud of the wonderful young man he has turned into.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have 3 kids, daughter, Stephanie age 19, son, Nicholas age 16, from my first marriage and Daniel age 10 from my marriage now. (3rd marriage)
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    What a gorgeous girl you have!!

My kids are 3 and 5 and are the best (although I wouldn't have said that while trying to do the school run this morning, haha!)

They're by no means perfect (who's kids are) but I know I can take them anywhere and they will behave themselves and there is no better feeling that when my little girl looks at me and says she loves me :love:

My son is just in his first year at infant school and is reading way above his age and is great with his numbers so I am so proud of him. He has such a cheeky smile and always makes me laugh
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    My 19yr old daughter will be embarking on an awesome educational endeavor of Criminal Psychology at one of the local universities in New Hampshire... One of her high school teachers, a former Police Officer gave her a high recommendation for this field and a killer letter for college....

Very proud of how well she grew up... I had the rare opportunity to know that a few of her teachers were actually either MY teacher from high school, or I had attended high school with some of her teachers... the looks on their faces when I acknowledged that was my daughter, was PRICELESS! lol

Ariel is my world - and she is just pure awesome!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, a daughter age 20 and in her 3rd year of college and my son 14 who is a freshman in high school. I think my kids are pretty darn good, but the best complement is to hear other people say it. My kids may misbehave at home, but I get complements on my kids behaviour all the time, from church, their friends parents, coaches etc.

It is good to know that I have done a good job in raising them and I must say my daughter has become quite a productive member of society holding a full time job while going to school.

My son is too young to work so he goes on the weekends and helps my mom at the farmers market. The people there just love him.:happy:
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've got 3 kids (7, 4, 1). They are the best kids in the world...sometimes. As for the post above, i agree i want my kids over their friends...

As for funny stories:

When my middle child was 2.5yrs old she broke open a brand new bottle of syrup on the tile in the kitchen...proceeded to lay down in it and make syrup angels...needless to say a nice hot bath for both her and our floor were in order.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    This is my Little Pumpkin Hayden...she is 2-1/2. She LOVES to sing & Dance...and anything to do with music!! I am thinking future dancger or singer on our hands!! Trying to decide on when to start her dancing and playing the piano. :-)

Rockstar.jpg

I also have a beautiful 7-yr old Step-daughter, Jessica. We have a wonderful family!! Jessica is involved in riding horses but LOVES to play softball and would like to be a Cheerleader and play softball on a team. ANd, THE ARM on that girl...WATCH OUT!!!!
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Just felt like making a post where we can talk about our kids and brag and share stories about our little ones, share memories etc (:
    My little angel Alexi

358cbuv.jpg

She is beautiful!!!
  • I don't have kids (and don't ever plan on wanting any) but I do have nephews.

389638_843715061697_480769443_n.jpg

The little one is Elliot. He's six months old now (three or four months in this picture) and I haven't seen him in a while except through pictures and webcam, but he's gotten so big and I miss him. It's sad because when my older nephew, Seth, was a baby, my sister and I were living together, so I was there for everything. But I moved out of town, so now I only get to see Elliot every now and then and he's growing so quickly! It makes me sad.

But Sethy, he's six and is one of my favourite human beings in the world, and I'm one of his favourite people, too. I talk to him on the phone pretty often and whenever I do visit, he always cries when I leave and it absolutely breaks my heart. Next weekend, though, I'm surprising him by picking him up and bringing him back to spend a weekend with me and go to SeaWorld, so I'm really excited about that. He's the sweetest, funniest kid and I love him so much.

8tuebz
    me & the boys when Elliot was born!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I want to share too!!
    I have 4 children.
    Nick just turned 20, got really good grades in gcse and A levels doing Maths, Physics, German. was lined up to go to University but decided to go work with children with special needs. Lives at home, lovely sense of humour, caring, thoughtful,compassionate. Can't keep his room tidy ever!

Chris is 18 and 2 years ago he was quite ill for a year so we managed to change his school to one where he could redo the year to give him a fighting chance. He has embraced the opportunity with great enthusiasm. The school is part boarding part day school so some days he is there until 9pm, but he is a completely different person, he even did his Duke of Edinborough Gold award in June spending 5 days walking over Dartmoor in the rain! He wants to do his A levels and join the Army as a Young Officer.

Ben is almost 13, and has Aspergers. He was a lot of work when he was younger, but I was very firm with him, which was hard sometimes, and he has benefitted from the experience. H is in his second year of main stream education and is doing very well. He scored the highest score ever in school in science and is classed as exceptional in aths. He also has a wonderfully mature sense of humour, a bit quirky but very funny! His favourite programme is Big Band Theory! He says he is shelbamin!

Emily-Jane is just 11. She is very creative, started writing stories when she was 4 and illustrating them. I have kept them in a box for when she grows up! She sews and quilts and can hold her own in a conversation with any adult. She loves baking and is my biggest supporter in losing weight. like me she is a big Sci Fi fan, which makes her a bit different from her peers, we'll just have to watch that one!

Anyway I hope I haven't bored you, they are after all children, they don't hang up their towels, or get their plates in the dishwasher sometimes, but they are a constant source of laughter for me, so I don't mind too much. I still nag them though, fairs fair!
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    See, this is a good topic (: I love kids. You all have some really great ones by the sounds and looks of it. (: Keep up the good work parents!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My little boy is the sweetest little thing in the world. He was sleeping through the night at 11 days old. He never cries unless he wakes up hungry, or hurts himself. He is such a mellow, easygoing little guy.

Not to mention adorable! (See my profile) I thought maybe I was exaggerating it to myself, had "mommy goggles", until I submitted some of his photos to a few talent agencies, just to see what other people thought of him. In four days he bagged an agent with the largest agency in the city! Not sure if I want him to do modeling full time, I know it can be hard on kids, but it sure was an ego boost to learn that the professionals think he's adorable enough to go pro! :)

Thanks for this thread! :flowerforyou: I'll never pass on an opportunity to brag on my boy!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My little angel Alexi

358cbuv.jpg

She is beautiful!!!

She really is adorable! She looks a lot like my niece. :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Oh, good, because there needs to be one of you for every one of me. I teach high school... Algebra I and German.
    I really do not care for small people in large quantities, but teenagers are great fun!
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

Oh, good, because there needs to be one of you for every one of me. I teach high school... Algebra I and German.
    I really do not care for small people in large quantities, but teenagers are great fun!
    I'm fascinated with all things kids do. I love my daughter, and before her I always had my nieces and nephews and cousins. Every one of their parents would be like, go see aunt chelsea. I was always stuck with the kids, and fell in love with taking care of them and teaching them (:
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    My little girl Alexi is 2 years old. She has been tested, using the Denver is what they call it, and has always been an above average kid. at 12 months, she was at an 18 month level, at 18 months she was over a 2 year old level. now she just fascinates me with every thing she does. She knows her abc's. counts to 20. is potty trained. talks like a 6 year old. knows all her shapes including hexagon, octagon, pentagon, and trapezoid. she knows all her colors. I'm so proud of everything she's accomplished and i realize I taught her these things. (: she even sings songs like twinkle twinkle, i love you you love me, etc. She amazes me day to day.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    I want to share too!!
    I have 4 children.
    Nick just turned 20, got really good grades in gcse and A levels doing Maths, Physics, German. was lined up to go to University but decided to go work with children with special needs. Lives at home, lovely sense of humour, caring, thoughtful,compassionate. Can't keep his room tidy ever!

Chris is 18 and 2 years ago he was quite ill for a year so we managed to change his school to one where he could redo the year to give him a fighting chance. He has embraced the opportunity with great enthusiasm. The school is part boarding part day school so some days he is there until 9pm, but he is a completely different person, he even did his Duke of Edinborough Gold award in June spending 5 days walking over Dartmoor in the rain! He wants to do his A levels and join the Army as a Young Officer.

Ben is almost 13, and has Aspergers. He was a lot of work when he was younger, but I was very firm with him, which was hard sometimes, and he has benefitted from the experience. H is in his second year of main stream education and is doing very well. He scored the highest score ever in school in science and is classed as exceptional in aths. He also has a wonderfully mature sense of humour, a bit quirky but very funny! His favourite programme is Big Band Theory! He says he is shelbamin!

Emily-Jane is just 11. She is very creative, started writing stories when she was 4 and illustrating them. I have kept them in a box for when she grows up! She sews and quilts and can hold her own in a conversation with any adult. She loves baking and is my biggest supporter in losing weight. like me she is a big Sci Fi fan, which makes her a bit different from her peers, we'll just have to watch that one!

Anyway I hope I haven't bored you, they are after all children, they don't hang up their towels, or get their plates in the dishwasher sometimes, but they are a constant source of laughter for me, so I don't mind too much. I still nag them though, fairs fair!
    Sounds like you have done a great job. Very interesting kids. (: keep up the good work