And I begin again

meriatonB
meriatonB Posts: 7
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
The difference this time around is a specific, solid goal. One year, one hundred pounds. Now before everyone goes wonky and tells me that it's too much to strive for, and not safe, etc., my doctor seems to think that with the correct dosage of my medication, (I am on meds for emotional issues and speaking with a counselor), the "get-up-off-your-@$$" exercise program, and "THINK before you eat" approach, that I could achieve my goal, and if not, at least get close enough to realize that I can actually do this and keep the weight off.

The ultimate goal, however, is not so much weight loss for the sake of weight loss, but instead, weight loss for the betterment of my life. My grandmother, who raised me, died of liver cancer as a direct effect of her obesity. I don't want to go that route. I miss rock climbing. I can't wait to get enough of this weight off of me so that I can go back to the rock gym and start climbing again.

I want to get enough of this weight off that I can move to Denver to attend college for my degree in meteorology. There are a few rocks out there to climb, too! :wink:

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Welcome! Anything is doable if you have set your mind to it! Good luck in finding you!
This discussion has been closed.