push ups

Options
i suck at them. not being a negative nancy, i actually suck. if i do different upper body exercises could this potentially help with this? i want to overcome this suckage and be able to conquer that push up challenge but i can be barely do a full one (of the alternate push ups). i have 8 lb weights, maybe i should just continue to pump iron?!

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You should try 30 Day Shred video. You do push ups everyday and you will improve.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    whats the push up challenge? i suck at them too! i can do about 20 girl push ups...but when i attempt to do more, my elbows hurt for days! i wish i could do real push ups!
  • Nikki_Z
    Nikki_Z Posts: 28
    Options
    You can also do bench press or chest press (basically the same thing, usually the bench press is done with a barbell, chest press with dumbbells). These exercises mimic the motion of a push up.
    Unfortunately though, the only way to get better at something is to practice it. Over and over and over. Make little goals and eventually, you will be able to as many as you want. I went from being able to do maybe 3 full push ups 5 years ago to being able to do 4 sets of 20 (that's 80 in total!).