Expats and foreign nationals :)

Options
Anyone on here living in a country other than where they were born / raised?

I'm from Maine, USA and have lived in UK for 4 years.

Looking for some more 'expat' friends ;)

Replies

• Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey Mouse ... From Maine, USA and living in South Africa. 10 years in Lesotho and 1 year in South Africa. =)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Ohio, US, living in Windsor, UK.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Netherlands, living in China for 7+ years
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan (mostly... born in NY, and lived in Minnesota for a while, too) and have lived in Devon, UK for about four years now. I'd love more expat friends!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Hello. My husband is a diplomat for the U.S. State Department. We've lived in London, Ottawa, (he went to Afghanistan) and now we're in Panama City, Panama.
  • From California, USA living in Bangkok, Thailand
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    From England, living in Yemen.

Feel free to add me, anyone! I'm on a time difference from most of my MFP friends (most seem to be in the US) so it would be nice to have more people whose posting is more synced up with mine (:
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    From Australia, living in the Middle East :happy:
  • nanylil7
    Options
    Hi. Nancy here. From Florida, in the UK for 9 years.
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in bay area cali, lived in Boise Idaho for 4 years then moved to the UK Dec 2006 and got married <3 Love it here!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    whoops
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I was born in Hanover as my parents were serving there and we moved back when I was about two and a half years old to England. I am English but I can apply for dual citizenship O:
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Finding lots of people to add :)
    It's nice to find people who understand what it's like!
  • TetsuKishi
    Options
    I'm a Texan whose been living in Japan, off and on, for nearly 20 years now. First came over as an exchange student and fell in love with the country...
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    UK born and bred, have lived in Dubai (5 years in the late 70s/early 80s), Nigeria (1982) and Tanzania (1983-4). We retired to the middle of France in 2006 and aim on being here for the foreseeable future.
  • mangojane
    Options
    Born in Florida, lived in the Netherlands for 12 years. Just returned recently, but I sure know what it's like!
  • RubyRed8067
    Options
    Born in Arkansas, moving to central America. Would LOVE some ExPat friends!!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Born South African living in Sydney Australia
  • OhioViking79
    OhioViking79 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Born and raisen in Norway, moved to Ohio 10 years ago and married - still here! :)
  • dr_firefly
    dr_firefly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Born in Germany, but I live since 2006 in the US. Until this summer in Michigan now in Kansas.