Cut out midnight snacks, no weight loss.

Options
As the title says, I have completely stopped midnight snacking (I used to do it 3~4 times a week). Have managed to keep this up for around 3 weeks, whilst maintaining everything else the same (hopefully). However I dont see any weight loss? Is it slow to start or are there any other reasons?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Eliminating your midnight snack must not have created enough of a calorie deficit to cause a noticeable weight loss yet. Or perhaps you have added those calories back to your day at some other meal or snack.

Although many people believe that eating late at night is detrimental to weight loss, it's not.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    it only matters how much you eat all day...midnight snacks only matter if they cause you to go over your allotted calories.
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought eating right before sleeping causes the whole meal to be stored?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought eating right before sleeping causes the whole meal to be stored?

yes, that is wrong.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I eat a heaping bowl of cereal every night before bed because I save the cals for it.
    I find I sleep better that way.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Its all about the calories.
    If you eat too many calories- you will gain weight.
    If you eat the right amount of calories- you will maintain your weight.
    If you eat too few calories- you will lose weight.

Does not matter when you eat them......

Track you calories through out the day, and eat based on settings in MFP profile.