late night binging

Options
I need help late at night, what do I do?

Replies

• TennesseeSodaholic
    Options
    Four years ago I got a great paying job, but I was required to commute 150 miles 5 days a week. That was when my late-night fridge raids started. I was exhausted from all the driving. I no longer had time for the gym. I got all my breakfasts and lunches from the drive-thrus. I would get home and would feel exhausted and starving. I would pig out without properly preparing anything and collapse on the couch then go to bed. I would wake up at 2am starving...

I don't raid the fridge anymore late at night. This is what changed:

* In 2011, my work added conference/video facilities and I no longer had to commute. (This was huge).
    * I went back to the gym 3 days a week, and Hubby and I ride bikes on Saturdays or Sundays.

I felt better, but nothing was happening with regard to my weight and the late night snacking. So I went further:

* I gave up sodas. (I had a 35 year 6pack a day habit of DP/coke)
    * I started drinking water. (I never drank water. Literally. Just soda)

Today I am 5 weeks and 1 day with no sodas. I've lost 10 pounds, and I am no longer raiding the fridge late at night. I don't have the cravings anymore. And I don't miss the sodas. I always resisted giving them up cold turkey because I would kid myself that I could just limit the sodas to one or two a day. That never worked. I was addicted, and never realized it until recently. I wish I had done this sooner. All those years that I could have felt better... But better late than never. Hope this helps with your situation.
  • bsnowden2
    bsnowden2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem im trying to slowing cut down and replacing all the junk food so when im looking for my late night fix after work i cant find it :)