Whey Protein Advice Please

Options
After reading and getting some good feed back about whey protein shakes I went to Holland and Barrat and bought the chocolate own brand version.

I read the back and saw that it should be consumed within 20 minutes of mixing it I had originally thought of making it up for work (ie one large mix to drink during my breaks over my 9.5 hour shifts) but it looks like that won't work the way I thought. Would weighing out the powder and then make and drink it during my breaks work better?

Any advice on preparing or using the powder would be brilliant.

Replies

• roycruse73
    roycruse73 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Most protein shakes go pretty manky if you leave them for more than 10 or 15 minutes anyway.

Best just get yourself a protein shaker and make them up as you need them they taste much better freshly mixed.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    If you can keep it in a fridge, you'd be fine drinking it over the course of the day. But otherwise, I wouldn't really try it.

Just drink a small shake during each break instead. It's not difficult to take some protein to work. My desk is full of supplements.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I see!

I bought this huge drinking bottle with it (as it was half price with the powder itself) which would probably work well, I'll baggy up the powder at home and dump it when I need it.

Also, whilst I have your attention, the taste isn't as nice as I thought, any ideas on making it tastier? xD
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    what brand did you buy?

I like Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition. They taste pretty great.

Depending on how many calories I need to get in, I'll add milk or fruit to mine. But if I dont have room in my diet that day, I'll just do the powder w/ water.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It's Holland & Barrett - Hardcore Series Whey Protein in chocolate the flavour isn't what I would call chocolate but it's nice enough.

How do you add fruit to it? As in juice? Milk is good, too?

I think I might try adding mint to the water tomorrow and see if it makes it like a mint chocolate xD
  • lilkayaker
    lilkayaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I measure out my almond milk in my shaker (can be put in with an ice pack) and measure out a scoop to take to work with me. Works great for me! If there is a refriderator you can ask if you keep your milk or liquid of choice in there and just bring our powder.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    what brand did you buy?

I like Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition. They taste pretty great.

Depending on how many calories I need to get in, I'll add milk or fruit to mine. But if I dont have room in my diet that day, I'll just do the powder w/ water.
    Dymatize and ON are the best IMO I also like Muscle Pharm combat powder