South Beach Diet..

Options
Hey everyone! Happy new year to all! I was just wondering if any one here has tried the south beach diet? IF so did it work/ how well and was it difficult to stick to b/c it seems like it really would be.. Any info would be great thanks!!

Replies

• FitnessOver50
    Options
    I have tried the South Beach diet and it did work for me. However, once I went off of it - like so many other diets - I gained the weight back.

I was only able to drop weight and keep it off when I changed my eating habits. I read a few books that just made sense to me. They were "Fit for Life" and "You on a Diet". The last one is written by Dr Oz..

Once I started eating healthy foods, I lost the weight and felt much better. The hardest part about the change in food is that it must become a lifestyle change.

Mind you I also hired a trainer and started an exercise program that I have staying on for the past year.
  • Keena75
    Options
    I did the South beach diet 3 years ago and lost 30 pounds. I still have 10 more to go but I was not highly motivated until now to take care of the last 10. I started back to Phase one as of January 1st and am down two pounds. Once you learn the basics and learn the right things to eat and how to cook it it can be very easy to keep up. This is a life change not just a diet to help you lose the weight it is meant for the long haul to make sure you have a healthy system. My doctor actually is the one that suggested it to me to try 3 years ago.

Good Luck with whatever you try.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    It works
    I tried over the Holidays and was never hungry
    BUT 2/3 days of 'bad' eating around the Holidays and it all came back
    FOR ME, it caused me to have major binge problems..so I decided to go back to watching cals and eating few, but healthy carbs

Good luck
    kim