4 for 5 challenge *always open* week of Jan 4 week 2

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all and welcome any newbies! I love this thread b/c everytime I struggle w/whether to exercise I think about this challenge and I go on and get it done.

Congratulations to everyone who is been successful w/earning a grace day or at least accomplishing 4 out of the 5 challenges consistently. For those who may have struggled this week, don't give up. We all have our weeks where working out or eating healthy is a struggle but remember stay focused and "this too shall pass"

I know the weekends can be very difficult for people but let's not lose sight as to why we are on MFP. Do not let all the hard work you've done all week fall by the wasteside. Now don't get me wrong we can indulge (in moderation) in our favorite foods but it shouldn't be all weekend long nor should it be every single weekend.

Hope you ladies have a great day!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Friday's totals:

Completed 45 minutes of the biggest loser "30 day jumpstart" dvd
    Logged all food
    Remained w/in my allotted calories
    Drank 12 glasses of water
    Took a much needed nap

Day 5: 5 for 5

I'm hoping I can complete all 5 challenges tomorrow so I can earn another pass.

Have a great evening!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    3 days on here now still doing good. 1 stayed within my calories 2 loged my foods 3 drank my water 4 cleaned my house and took down all my Christmas stuff (my exersice) 5 made plans with daughter for the weekend to clean horse stalls and move my horses (there's my exersise for tomorrow and Sunday).
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I'm not sure where all my ladies are but hope you're enjoying your weekend and staying warm. I claiming victory for today since I'll be eating dinner w/in the hour.

Saturday's totals:

Completed 45 minutes of the biggest loser "Cardio Max & Melt It Off" dvd
    Logged all food
    Remained w/in my allotted calories
    Lounged all day after exercising. It was too cold for me to even think about heading out especially since I didn't have anything in particular to do.

Day 6: 5 for 5

I have earned my second pass (grace day) for the week. WooHoo, WooHoo!

I must say this thread has kept me motivated thus far b/c there have been days I didn't want to workout but thought about having to report my progress and my desire to earn a grace day for when it's really needed and as a result I've worked out for 6 consecutive days.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm posting late for friday, but i'm here! 5/5 for friday

logged everything
    stayed w/in my calorie goal
    drank 12 cups of water
    worked out for an hour (ran for 22 minutes with only one 20 sec break! wooohooo!
    had a friend over and she put red streaks in my hair! it's really subtle since i teach and i'm an army wife with two kids., but i know it's there and i likes it.

unfortunately, our furnace is on the fritz again and it's 17 degrees here. not so much pleasant. but we'll make it.
  • mrsgiffin
    mrsgiffin Posts: 122
    Options
    well hello! I messed up 2 days in a row and did not follow my calorie intake or log it in. I did work out both days and drank alot of water but was not below my daily amount of calories! I am going to do better! I did awesome today!

Stayed below my daily calorie goal
    drank enough water
    logged everything in
    my husband and I looked at cars for me today!!!!!
    I am about to do jillians 30 day shred!!

I am not going to miss another day I promise!! Good luck to all of you!! I weigh in monday at work to see if I have lost any weight! I hope I have!!!! Have a great Sunday!
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    well hello!
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    well, actually not going to do jillians workout like I thought. I started watching a movie and now going to bed. I guess thats only 4 out of 5 for today.
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this. It will keep me accountable - something I don't have right now. This will be great!
  • WendyTricia
    WendyTricia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm making sure that I have everything in place so I can meet these daily goals. The perfectionist in me is afraid of disappointing myself, but I rather aim for something than not aim at all! At least if I miss, I still achieve SOMETHING; if I don't aim at all, I achieve NOTHING!

438894.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Welcome again Yahrie, it looks like we'll be posting in a couple of thread together. I look forward to hearing your progress and congratulations on the 3 lb loss thus far.

Where are my 4 for 5 challenge ladies, I don't think i've heard from you all much this weekend. I really hope this doesn't mean people have fallen off track are and afraid to return. Post all achievements and setbacks.

Sunday's Totals:

Completed 30 minutes of "Core Rhythms & Melt It Off" dvd
    Logged all my food
    Within my allotted calories
    Watched "The Wire" (I think i'm addicted.....I don't think, I KNOW i'm addicted)

Chocolickkyss: 1 workout completed for the week

2 passes (grace days) banked from last week.
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    Logged all of my food and exercise
    drank 80 oz of water
    stayed under my calories
    did jillians 30 day shred level 2- my first time to do it and it was horrible!!! I hope that this will all be worth it in the end!
    Went to church with my hubby and just had a lazy day after with him
    Hope everyones week goes well!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    Hi everyone I didn't log in yesterday was to tired when I got home and frozen. I stayed under my calories yesterday but didn't get them logged and got my exersise cleaning the stalls. Drank my 8 glasses of water. Today we got the horses moved my 2 and my daughters 3 Spent some time walking them before stabling them.One of them hit her face on the side of the trailor trying to get back in and put a pretty good gash on her head but she will be ok just have to keep it doctored. I logged my food stayed under 1200 calories. I drank 8 glasses of water. Helped clean 2 other stalls today and put those horses out in the pasture.I also walked my 2 horses before putting them in their stalls. Hope to go riding soon now that I have somewhere to ride them. Road was to busy where they were. Thanks for listing. Good Night!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. Hubs was out of town and the furnace died. So things were weird at home. the new challenge is up, go ahead and log in today since i didn't get it done yesterday.

On a side note, if ever the next week's challenge isn't up by Sunday, feel free to copy and paste the challenge thread on sunday. just be sure to change the date and week number.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Since i'm about to eat I'm going to call it another victory for today.

Monday's totals:

Completed 50 minutes of Jilian's "No More Trouble Zones" dvd
    Logged all my food
    Stayed w/in my allotted calories
    Drank 10 glasses of water
    Chit chatted on the phone w/friends and family

Chocolickkys: 2 workouts completed this week

As of today, 2 passes (grace days) have been earned and if I go 5 for 5 tomorrow I will have earned my 3rd pass. I think I just found my motivation to workout tomorrow, I hope it lasts when that alarm clock goes off in the morning.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Chocolickkyss, you are doing awesome! I want to earn at least 1 if not two grace days this week and I am going to work hard for it!! Keep up the good work!

Here is the next board!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/75840-4-out-of-5-challenge-week-3-jan-11-always-open
  • mrsgiffin
    Options
    hey sorry! This is a late post but here it is!

Stayed under my calories
    logged everything in
    did jillians 30 day shred and did 200 calories on the gazelle
    drank 12 cups of water
    didn't really do anything for myself- got to take a nap for a little while when I got home...
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    2day is a special day, it is a day that everything will go my way, 2day is the day that I was born, Its my birthday yall, I GOT IT GOING ON, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S BIRTHDAY!!! From January to December everyone has a day they wanna remember, whether turning 21 or 95, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, come on and get live, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!. I turned 37 today and I'm feeling and looking good.

I began my day w/many text messages and phone calls with birthday wishes from friends and family. I went to the gym and ROCKED IT. I was able to burn 361 calories on the treadmill and 284 on the elliptical for a total 645 calories. After that I spent about 10-15 minutes in the sauna (pure bliss) and topped it off w/a banana & strawberry protein shake. I'm feeling real good.

I'm on target to go 5 for 5 and earn my third pass (grace day)

Thus far, I've done the following:

Completed 75 minutes of cardio (treadmill & elliptical)
    Logged my breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch & PM Snack
    I have over 1200 calories remaining (including exercise) for dinner
    Drank 10 glasses of water
    Going to dinner w/a friend to celebrate my birthday

I'll check in later once I've logged my dinner and determined if I remained w/in my allotted calories.

Have a great day.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. And I think you deserve to treat yourself--you have plenty of cals to do so too! Have a wonderful day!!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who extended birthday wishes to me. I truly enjoyed myself today. I'm just gettin in from the Cheesecake Factory and because I did my research prior to going I was able to eat a nice hearty meal and stay way w/in my allotted calories (I didn't even have to use my exercise calories)

Tuesday's Total:

Burned 645 calories by completing 75 minutes of cardio (treadmill & elliptical)
    Logged all my food
    Stayed well w/in my allotted calories
    Drank 14 glasses of water
    Went to the cheesecake factory to celebrate my birthday

Chocolickkyss: 5 for 5 and I have earned my 3rd pass (grace day)WooHoo!

I really hope people haven't forgotten about the challenge b/c I have not seen very many posts lately.