(Q for the ladies!) Boobs, boobs, boobs

Options
This may seem like a bit of a TMI subject but it's been harassing the hell out of me lately, so much so that it's pretty much a source of CONSTANT stress when it comes to just everything and... yeah?

I can't put it any better than that.

I'm a big girl, I'm curvy, and when I say I've got a full bust I have a big bloody bust. I'm a 38 F brawise and have always been particularly large in the chest area ever since I was younger.

I'm quite aware of the whole, lose weight = lose boobs thing, and am frankly quite thrilled that this process happens. I want to lose weight off my chest more than anything, but I've been reading a lot of stories that when you lose a lot of weight off your chest you end up with saggy breasts? I mean mine aren't the perkiest in the world as it is since it's basically the equivalent of having two puppies strapped to your chest 24/7 so they're damn heavy, but since I'm young and my skin is obviously still supple, they aren't bad. All I can say is that I'm pretty spooked and concerned after reading all these pages.

At the moment, at my current age and breast size (and the physical and mental strain they put me through), I know I could apply to get a breast reduction done. It's a process that scares the hell out of me but it IS still a prospect. My auntie's had this procedure done and it went really wrong for her, but I've seen lots and lots and lots of success stories everywhere else. Having an overall decrease and lift would be perfect, though there's scars, the amount of time I'd have to take off not exercising for recovery, all sorts of things to consider.

That's my waffling session over anyways. General advice / tips / opinions would be really great, thank you.

Replies

• AlexandraLynch
    Options
    I am a 40F, and sympathize greatly.

However, three kids past and 40 means they headed south a long time ago. I am resigned to good supportive bras for the rest of my life, and I am also hoping that I can get some weight loss in those too. I didn' t mind being a D cup, darn it!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction in April. I went from a FF to a DD. It was done on the NHS. I went in one morning and came home the next morning. I had 2 weeks off work and 4 weeks off from exercising. The results are amazing. There are scars but they are fading every month and who cares about scars when I can now wear strapless bras, do whatever exercises I want without my back and shoulders hurting. From my experience, I would recommend it to anyone who has large boobs that are causing any kind of discomfort.
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Hi, I was a 36F when I was at my heaviest. As I've lost weight it has gone from my boobs too and now I am a 34DD.

I'm 40 and my boobs aren't saggy. You are really young. I think they will be fine.

The skin there is very supple and elastic. Don't worry.

X
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My advice would be not to lose weight too fast. This is often the cause of loose skin, though if you have a lot of weight to lose, it may be a problem anyway. Also, work your pectoral muscles (chest) while losing to keep a firmer appearance and keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and using lotion daily. I wouldn't consider a reduction until you see how your loss affects your boobs. Everyone is different.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, try to build up your pecs. It will help.

Honestly, though, if they are that big and you lose weight, chances are, they are going to be a little saggy. Don't let this STOP you from losing weight though. The longer you are overweight, the more saggy they will get, so take care of the weight first. Once you get to your goal weight, if they are something that bothers you, get a breast augmentation.
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have already gone from a DD to a C cup and it seemed to me that they look even perkier if anything, they dont have all that extra weight pulling them down. I have been told that losing weight slow and that drinking tons of water is good, and i believe i read that you are young, so your skin should be plenty elastic still!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite that big, I started at like a 40DD and as I've lost weight am currently a 38DD so they feel bigger and I'm not a fan. My mom has reduction surgery a couple of years ago and said it was the best thing she ever did. If your weight is going to fluctuate a lot maybe wait a bit, but if they're causing you pain I would ask a dr's opinion.
  • saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hey there i also suffer with big boobs im a 42G :blushing: so i feel your pain. im hoping they will get smaller with weight loss ive gone down
    from a 44GG.im also worried about how much sagging will happen when iv'e lost the weight but i think i would be to scared to have anything done and i dont like the thought of all the scares. Oh well i will see when i get there but will be intresting to see what others say :smile:
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and worries as you! I'm a 38 DDD or E. And since we are both young our lovely bosoms may not sag as bad once we have reached our weight loss goal but in the end sad they will... *sigh* I too have considered a reduction but that scares the hell outta me!

For me...I am going to eat healthy and live healthy. And one day after I have become a Mommy I will look at getting a lift. The horror stories of women not being about to breast feed after having a reduction or a lift are just too much for me. That's not something that I am not willing to compromise.

Best of luck to you!

14949197.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods/
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think the relief you will feel from having smaller breasts will outweigh the negatives of them being saggier. Any man/woman that really cares... wouldn't care about that.

If it really bugs you, save up for a few years and get a breast lift. Until then, just invest in great bras and don't worry about it :)
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction done when I was 19, I cannot tell you strongly enough to NOT do it. If you want more info, PM me.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost like 3lbs and only went down ONE FREAKING CUP!!! WTF?!?!?
    Im a 36G and was a 36H :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I looked into it, but then lost my job and insurance, etc....
    So, I may look into it again now that I have insurance, but the problem is that I would technically be considered obese bc of my weight (even though I've built muscle :grumble: )
    If you can do it, go for it....Big boobs are such a pain in the *kitten*. I feel like I'm treated differently by both men and women bc of them and they make working out suck balls sometimes.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you shouldn't freak out about it/think about it until you are at your goal weight. Genetics plays a part in whether or not you'll lose much weight off your bust. I've lost 5 inches off mine (never been a B, always a C or D but now I am) when looking at my family I never thought I would reduce that much. I've talked it over with my husband and I want to save up the 5 grand to get them back to a D and get a lift *if I need it*. I've read on here that doing strength chest exercises will perk them up and possibly make it so you won't even need lift surgery. Since I've always done strength training I've not seen a huge difference. But then again I'm neither at my goal weight nor are they all that saggy (they are a bit, but not enough for me to want surgery to lift them). So I'd wait until you were closer to your goal size/weight before stressing out about it. You could start saving money for it now if you want, just in case, if it will make you feel better. Then if you end up not needing it you could treat yourself to something else nice :)

Edit: I did want to add that I've been waaayyy over a D before but I can't remember what double digit size I got up to. I'd consider myself normally a D since that is what I was for most of my life.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lose the weight then get a boob job...it does make a difference and it would be a great motivator. Just my 2 cents worth. went from a 44GG to a 40 B with a boob job. It was so worth it.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You have age on your side! After gaining and losing and breastfeeding 2 kiddos, mine are, sadly **sniff sniff** saggy. At least by my estimations. The hubby thinks they're great. I am admittedly a smaller busted gal, and went from a 38 D to barely 34 B.

I have 2 friends that had breast reduction surgery and they were thrilled with the results. Seems like a foreign concept to me, but they reported feeling MUCH better.

Good luck. I can't imagine having "girls" that caused me pain and strain. Yikes!!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 I and haven't had kids yet so I'm freaked out what will happen when I do.

I am too in hopes that as I lose I will lose them too! I am already down 1 cup size and 2 band inches. I told the hubs that after wgt loss and when we have a kid I'm getting the girls reduced and lifted.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lose the weight then treat yourself.....the scarring will fade...and you will feel fantastic in your clothes!! ((hugs))
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I breast fed two kids- sag is an unfortunate part of life for me :sad: However, on the surgery note, I have a friend who had it done and couldn't be any happier. She is able to do activities more easily and had a really great, successful operation. I would say do your homework and know you have someone reputable.
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I got a breast reduction about 7 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. After the surgery, I was able to do more physical activity, sleep better, and fit in clothes I wasn't able to previously. And my back felt loads better.

But yes, I would also suggest you lose the weight first, and then reevaluate whether you want the surgery. It just might be that you're able to lose enough weight in your chest to make you happy, and you won't want to go smaller.
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I know where you're coming from - I'm a bit top heavy at 38H - and that's AFTER I've gone down at least one cup size. I have noticed a little more sagging, but from my understanding, things can tighten up a bit on their own to a certain degree if you give it time. I wouldn't stress over it until/unless it happens, especially at your age. :) Surgery is a big step.