low carb diet

Options
I want to try low carb diet under 50 gr carbs daily does anyone have any advice about low carb dieting

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I find it best to focus more on high protein than necessarily reducing carbs. If you are filling up a lot of your calories with protein and you do things like make sure you have protein in each meal, you naturally will reduce your carbs without really having to try.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    My advice is pick a diet plan that will last a lifetime, cutting carbs for a few weeks may make a difference but can also lead to weight gain later when you add carbs back to your diet, Maybe try a 45/30/25 split .... carbs/protein/fat ... would be a lot easier to stick with and will still be great for weight loss if you stay under calories ;-)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle to me - and a life time of eating low carb is just too restrictive for my tastes. And unnecessary for me, I've been able to maintain my weight AND eat carbs.
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My carbs are under 75 g a day, most days, and I absolutely don't "cut carbs." I don't eat grains (and rarely eat starches), I focus on protein and good fats, and I make sure that my plate is, as much as possible, full of awesome and colorful whole foods.

Rather than arbitrarily picking something to cut out, why not spend your time making sure you're getting a whole lot of the things that are really good for you?
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My carbs are under 75 g a day, most days, and I absolutely don't "cut carbs." I don't eat grains (and rarely eat starches), I focus on protein and good fats, and I make sure that my plate is, as much as possible, full of awesome and colorful whole foods.

Rather than arbitrarily picking something to cut out, why not spend your time making sure you're getting a whole lot of the things that are really good for you?

I heard so much about carbs....and I have to watch the meat because I have a cholesterol problem. I was just interested to learn what others were eating when it came to carbs.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I did it for a couple weeks and lost a couple pounds, but plateaued quickly. I think it was water weight. I didn't gain it back after which was good. I'll do it again at some point.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here is my plan not sure it's right...but....1200 calories, 135 carbs, 40 fat, 75 protein and 24 fiber....is this balance or do I need to rearrange anything? thanks for the input