I have a picky brother! Help me please :)

Options
alias1001
alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
I asked my brother and his wife if we could come to dinner this weekend. As they are new parents, I thought it would be a great idea to bring the dinner over instead of them having to cook.

I need a main course that has three characteristics:
1. Is healthy (of course)
2. Travels well
3. Has no cheese of any kind.

What kind of man doesn't like cheese? I was going to make a healthy lasagna (wheat pasta, lowfat ground beef, lowfat cheese), until I remember my brother's...preferences.

What do you think? A pot roast? Any others?

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Pot roast could work.

I like this meatloaf (its ridiculous)- http://allrecipes.com/recipe/italian-style-meatloaf-ii/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=meatloaf&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe Hub

Chicken Pot Pie- can of cream of potato soup, can of cream of celery soup, chicken, bag of frozen veggies, crescent rolls. Put 4 crescent rolls on the bottom of a pie dish, mix all other ingredients together and pour in, top with 4 more raw crescents to bake. Mine came out to 401 calories per serving last night.

I have other ideas but the whole no cheese and healthy thing knock them out. Like chicken spaghetti, fettucine alfredo, etc.
  • JuanaViviane
    Options
    You could make a healthy lasagna with loads of vegetables without cheese :)
    And you could bring parmesan that people can put on top of their lasagna if they want to.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I think a pot roast is perfect, with some really good veggies and cut up potatoes. Who wouldn't like it? You could make it in a slow cooker, and just bring the whole thing with you, plug it in again to warm it up once you get there. Sure to make them hungry by the smell alone!

Bungee cord the lid to the bottom of the slow cooker to help prevent any traveling disasters!